Forums General

Not scoring

Subscribe to Not scoring 11 post(s), 7 voice(s)

August 14, 2008 13:51

18 posts(s)

What the hell can be happening with my Corinthians in Medium Ticker? In the last 10 games, my team only scored in 2 games! I’ve done all the possible changes on the formation, used long, medium and short shooting and the things just don’t get better.

And before anyone says that the problem is with my players, I should say that one of them is 95 in shooting and he’s the last season top scorer! Besides, I also have a 84 and two 82. The team usually finishes a lot and most on them are on target!

One more curiosity: mey team scores in the friendlies… In one of them I played my the best attacker and suprise: he scored six times.

Would it be a bug? Or am I just the most unlucky guy in Brazilian Serie A at this moment?

On the other hand, in the same last 10 games, my gk was beaten only once!!!

Any ideas??

August 14, 2008 14:24

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

In my opinion the goalkeepers are too strong and there are too many shots during the matches. We must (and we will) insert more variables to the shooting during the match to change this situation. I was feeling the same when I played in MediumTicker, lots of 0×0...don’t know why things are different on FastTicker. Anyway, the variables I’m talking about is how clear was the goal chance, the keeper should receive a penalty when there are 2 shots in a row, things like that.

Cheers!

September 17, 2008 09:13

16 posts(s)

Corinthians is a problem in Medium ticker too? One more time i´m here to try to understand what happens with Corinthians in fast tickers. Look match with Rosário Central for Sulamericana.

A player with 83 kick score two goals while my attackers with 99 and 90 no goals. Detail that my goalkeeper have 88 and defenders have 90-90-89-88. A attacker with 83 kick make goals.

I really try to understand

September 17, 2008 10:48

130 posts(s)

I’m glad that stuff like that happens, this is supposed to be football, not math… :)

September 17, 2008 10:57

37 posts(s)

I’m currently playing with three strikers (95-94-90 shooting) and didn’t score goals on 7 of the last 11 league games.

September 17, 2008 11:13

53 posts(s)

Donator

Hello friends,

When I’m reading this post, I’ve seen that all of you only speak about “shooting” values fro strikers…

well, I’m sure that it’s also important the rest of values for a striker and perhaps your striker has a high value on “sho” but medium or low in the rest of params…
Perhaps I’m wrong andyou are scoring very few goals with great strikers…

Regards!

Javier.

MT: Queens Park Rangers
FT: Atletico de Madrid

September 17, 2008 11:54

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

That’s a good point Javier, one of my best strikers has only shooting 80, but dribble 91 or something like that…I have another one with good tackle.

Almost done wiith headers, Individual Tactics should be our next feature. After that we can start working on making it easier to score. The reason we have to wait for those two features before making it easier to score is that all 3 improvements will require modifications to the same portion of our code.

Don’t worry guys, we’re giving a high priority for this subject :)

September 17, 2008 12:21

16 posts(s)

It´s not question of math, but the player is better then other… it´s easy to understand… and I hope that i don´t be fired until this change. The board show – 2% when my team lose and + 1 when obtain a good result… complicated.

September 18, 2008 05:59

1 posts(s)

Well, I got fired.

13 seasons after picking Leixões, I won 4 leagues and two national cups against some of the most addicted players on Rubysoccer, my work colleagues :>, so I go away happy with what I’ve done. Someone took control of the team right away, and I don’t have the motivation to start again from zero, so…

Javier, I mentioned the shooting of those three players, but the other skills (dribble, control, speed) were above 80 in all cases.

To the developers, I hope you continue listening to everybody as you have been doing, and improving Rubysoccer. In my opinion, this “no scoring” problem is very sensitive.

Long live to Rubysoccer. Take care!

September 18, 2008 08:33

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Thanks Carlos. Hope you change your mind and join us again. We are already taking care of the no scoring problem. Headers are ready to go and Danilo can now continue working on individual tactics. As I said before there is more to come on this subject as it has a high priority. I’m only waiting for FastTicker season to end before headers are applied, unless most of you prefer to have it now, it’s ok for me as well.

About being fired I hope people understand that it’s normal that you are fired at some point, specially when you manage a big team with great expectations. We feel it’s good for the game as managers of small teams know that they may have the chance to manage a big team if the manager is fired someday, while the managers of big teams who are fired will be able to start it all over again in a new challenge to their abilities. But again, if most of you feel we should change that somehow to make it harder to be fired or never be fired at all it’s fine. We may not agree with that, but our users’ opinion is very important to keep the RubySoccer growing.

Let’s take one step at once, we’ll deal with the no scoring problem first, we’d rather tie 5×5 than 0×0 :)

September 18, 2008 15:26

18 posts(s)

I don’t know why, but my team got back to normal in this season. Can it be explained?

And Javier, my attackers have good other stats, too, and the problem is that in the last season they suddenly stop scoring. In fact, my main attacker had been the top scorer in the season before. Did he forget how to score?

It happened with all attackers and only in official games. Ver strange!

Thank god it’s not happening anymore!!

I have some other things to say about the game’s dynamic , but I’ll open an other topic for that. The new heading ability deserves it!

Forums General