Forums General

Something to think about?!?!?

Subscribe to Something to think about?!?!? 2 post(s), 2 voice(s)

August 04, 2008 19:13

64 posts(s)

Jack Baraclough and Andy Gray, and Chris Kissock, might not be a names that any of you are very familiar with, Jack in a Forward and Andy is a Defender, and Chris an attacker. They have a lot of things in common, the first and most obvious, is that they all 3 play for Liverpool, one of the best teams in FastTicker that has won Premiership 7 times, FA Cup 3 times, UEFA Cup 1 time, and Champions League 2 times. Back to the 3 players one more thing they have in common, is that they are young none of them are older that 26 years, they have very good stats, (Average of 90 in their main skill), they also make VERY good money they add a total of $252,082 in salary (only them 3) and here is here is where the interesting part comes, they were only worth a combined price of …….not $50M,…….not $25M, not even $5M….all 3 were worth a combined $74,512!!!! WHAT A DEAL!!!! And yet an other thing in common is that they were all players from Fulham, and they were all purchased in Turn 75 of season 10 right when andreas ulice was the manager of Fulham for only 71 Turns, it is very strange that andreas ulice only managed for 71 turns and in these 3 great players were sold for an average price of less than $25,000. This sounds like if there is something not right. I know that there is a restriction that prevents users using the same computer to do trades between them (even if it is true that there are 2 different managers using 1 computer) but there is nothing to prevent form me creating a user from a different computer (for example at work) and use it for 1 team and use an other computer (at home) for my main team then sell and loan players from one team to the other. I know that there is no way that this can be prevented, but I think that it can be caught.

My question to the developers:
Is there a report that you guys see when there is a transfer (as far as database information) where you can see if there are transfers that look suspicious?

Do you have a current plan to prevent the single user with one 2 computers and 2 teams one in a each computer?

I know that this might sound rude pointing people out, in this case Liverpool but it is just a game we are all here to have fun and when you subscribed it asked you not to cheat if you agreed and you are cheating you are breaking the rules and you should be reprimanded for it. If Liverpool is not doing not cheating and it was just a coincidence that these players were put on sale at the same time and at a cheap price and by the same team and then the manager disappears. it all just does not sound good, my apologies to him.

Hope the developers can investigate this issue and have some information in the future or at least an explanation.

I think that it is not fair that some of us get fired from our teams just because some bad results and try our best WITH OUT CHEATING, and others are still there since day 1 with the same team and worst of all CHEATING.

August 04, 2008 22:48

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I remember we had some problems with Fulham at that time. We had removed the same network restriction at that time and didn’t have a minimum price restriction. Anyway, other managers were able to get some players from Fulham by ridiculously low prices and nothing was proven against Liverpool. We kept an eye on Fulham but the manager apparently quit the game afterwards. Was someone trying to cheat? Probably, but I think it was partially my fault for removing the same network restriction without having a good admin system to investigate such cases.

By the way, now we have a better way of investigating suspicious managers (another cheater was identified and fired a couple weeks ago) and we’ll soon work on some screens for moderators to help us in keeping everything clean around here.

I really appreciate your concern, people like you are very important in identifying potential flaws and pointing out strange activities. As always, I hope everybody understand when subjects like this are put on the table and how important they are to make RubySoccer better and better.

Cheers!

Forums General