Forums General

Ruby Environment

Subscribe to Ruby Environment 8 post(s), 4 voice(s)

July 11, 2008 08:50

85 posts(s)

Donator

ruby on iphone 3g :)))) works great (on safari)

July 11, 2008 09:20

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

That’s good news, we are everywhere :-)

July 12, 2008 10:29

120 posts(s)

Donator

Hugo, are you able to drop and drag players in the lineup page on the iPhone???

Do the “transfer” pages format correctly?

Does the team player page format correctly?

I tried a bunch of phones (Verizon USA)… including BlackBerrys and other “web enabled” phones… none could do what I needed to do on Rubysoccer. I finally gave up and got a cheap Moto phone.

July 12, 2008 11:50

85 posts(s)

Donator

Sorry, be easy on my words :)

The drag and drop players feature is not possible…
The match replay feature is not possible…

The transfer page shows as I see it in pc browsers, the team player page is also fine, I had negotiated contracts with my players, but I tested both contract and loan and it works, the drop down boxes (type of transfer/squad associated to match) pop up a list with the available selections to choose, it’s very easy to navigate in ruby!

The drag and drop feature doesn’t work, which was a bit disappointing, but I understand that it might not be compatible due to the zoom feature of the phone, in opposite you can zoom in transfers or player page easily to check players in detail and come back to the whole page…

About the match replay, I wasn’t expecting to work, the result was the expected…

I took 3 photos of the transfer and player squad page, if you’d like to check it. The bright is not the same as looking at the display but it gives the idea.

Perhaps gabriel and danilo could decide to give full support on ruby to cell phones (it could be an interesting idea).

If anyone wants more tests just ask, it’s a new toy, I have the time for it now :)

Cheers

July 12, 2008 12:45

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

It’s definitely interesting to have RubySoccer fully working on cell phones, Hugo. This is something we can work on as the game becomes more solid.

Thanks for the feedback.

July 12, 2008 13:33

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

You would need a javascript enabled browser to drag and drop.
cheers!

July 12, 2008 16:27

85 posts(s)

Donator

iPhone has a Safari browser, javascript enabled. Flash is not compatible but it is expected to be in future, java is not compatible and it’s not on apple plans (that’s why I expected the match replay not to work).
I think the problem has to do with the interface, in iphone and other devices with small touchscreens you can move the screen (web page) zoom in and out, what happens is that when you select a player in the formation screen and move him to the field, the screen moves with the finger gesture and I will never be able to carry a player to the field unless there is a way to lock the portion of the web page behind…
Perhaps there is a way to do that but so far I don’t know how to :)

July 12, 2008 17:05

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

That makes complete sense :). If you find out how to do it, please share with the rest of the guys here. We cannot be of much help as we don’t have those nice small devices.
regards

Forums General