Forums General

Players' skills

Subscribe to Players' skills 11 post(s), 6 voice(s)

June 24, 2008 18:25

375 posts(s)

Can we get more information on the players’ skills ?
In particular, I am interested how to know if a young player will grow into a star ? And when ? :)

June 24, 2008 19:40

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Hard to tell, you have to make him play lots of matches and watch his skills grow. There are 3 basic ways to know a player has reached his maximum: he doesn’t improve anymore even after playing lots of matches [the exact number is secret ;-)] or he suddenly improves much more than usual or when he improves none of the important attributes raise (it means a keeper improving anything but keeping, passing or speed, or a non-goalkeeper improving only keeping).

Scouts and Coaches will help on player potential evaluation, they are on our priority list of features to be added.

Cheers!

June 24, 2008 19:40

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Alban,
The answer is possibly. The more games you manage to involve your player, the more experience he will gain. After a while, you will notice that some attributes will “go blue” on your player list. Those have evolved since the last tick. The amount evolved is not a fix number, and all players have their potential when born. Of course that it is easier to evolve in the beginning of the career and, in a near future, we will implement the consequences of aging.
As your question was not that specific, I’ve tried to give a high level answer. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
cheers!

June 24, 2008 19:41

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

What a syncronized team we have! Now you have 2 answers to help you :).

June 24, 2008 23:03

18 posts(s)

about aging consequences…

since young players can only improve or stay the same, I assume you guys intend to make older players decrease their skills after some time.

so, as a suggestion about that, I’d like to remember that old players, in real life, lose physical skills, but they can, sometimes, also gain some of it as a result of experience and as a way to adapt themselves to new physical conditions. Maldini, Gamarra, Romario are examples of it.

what we see in rubysoccer is that a player, after certain age, just keeps the same skills. The only difference is that an older player often gets injured. So, when you guys change the system about aging consequences, I hope you think about what I said.

Best!

June 25, 2008 08:11

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

You’re absolutely right, Rafael. We are going to make older players decrease their skills and you have a good point about gaining some due to experience. Not sure how we’ll handle these things yet but we’ll try to make it in such a way that it is still possible for old players to increase some skills, specially if they haven’t reached their maximum potential yet…even though this is not likely to happen :-)

June 25, 2008 11:45

37 posts(s)

I think that Speed should decrease with aging, and Stamina should take a little longer to increase on older players… as they get older, managers would have to “spare” them a bit, as they would get tired quicker than young players.

Not so sure about the other skills; as Rafael said, it’s reasonable to expect that some skills are maintained (or even improved) until retirement… Keeping and Passing, for instance.

June 27, 2008 07:49

29 posts(s)

Donator

I just hope it doesn’t affect the old players now, because I`ve used the actual rules of the game and put together a team full of elders. I could easily accept that all new players and the ones transfered should have that effect over them, but not the ones already in a team.

June 27, 2008 08:41

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Fair enough. :-)

June 27, 2008 10:15

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

I don’t think this functionality will be out there that fast. But everybody should start thinking about the ages of the team players right now. You guys don’t have to go crazy and get rid of all your old guys, just include the age worry in your management duties and you won’t have any problems.
cheers!

July 07, 2008 20:45

29 posts(s)

Donator

Just warn us soon enough ;-)

Forums General