Forums General

This action was prevented by the game system rules

Subscribe to This action was prevented by the game system rules 11 post(s), 5 voice(s)

June 20, 2008 19:06

42 posts(s)

Donator

On MediumTicker I’m trying to acquire Roberto Rodrigues on a free transfer and I get this message. I’m a little bit lost…what game rules?

Thanks!

June 20, 2008 22:32

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

This means you and the person who fired this player use or have used in the past the same pc or network to access the game. This will change soon to block (or require approval) of high price transfers only.

Cheers!

June 21, 2008 06:26

4 posts(s)

I have the same problem. Lots of co-workers use the same network to access the game. Almost all players in the portuguese list give me the same message.

June 21, 2008 08:54

42 posts(s)

Donator

Ah! Thanks again for your quick reply Gabriel!
I didn’t know that free players were under that rule. Maybe me and Maritimo’s manager work on the same corporate network despite the fact I don’t know him, but no problem, there are plenty of players good for Estoril’s squad. My team is so weak… :D

Cheers!

June 22, 2008 00:12

4 posts(s)

Gabriel, when you say this will change, it will be possible to buy players or not?

thanks.

June 22, 2008 09:10

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Yes, we will allow this kind of transactions, we’ll only keep an eye on high value transactions to make sure the player is worth the price being paid and nobody is trying to cheat :-)

Cheers!

June 23, 2008 07:01

130 posts(s)

Now there’s something i don’t think should change, as it is (almost) perfect the way it is now.

Keeping an eye (only) on high value transactions will make it easier for, if someone really wants to cheat, sell a good player for a much lower amount than his estimated value. I, for once, never take the time to look at the bottom of the transfer lists, as its unlikely to find 85+ players there…

The only thing i think should be changed in this system, as i’ve said in some other thread, is a time limit, like purging these records once a month had passed, or something like that.

Cheers,
Ricardo

June 23, 2008 09:43

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Well, I agree that you can’t find good players in the bottom of the transfer lists but I think you should look sometimes, you may find a good promise down there. :-)

Anyway, me and Danilo will discuss these changes, some people have lots of coworkers playing the game and with the low number of teams we have some interesting and fair transfers are certainly being blocked. Allowing low transfers between same IP can make things easier for cheaters, but I hope not to be the only one looking at the bottom of the transfer lists to avoid this kind of thing. And of course the users can always report when they think someone is cheating so we can keep an eye on him/her. Don’t worry, if things get worse we can always put the same IP rule back :-)

What do you mean by “purging these records once a month”? If you’re talking about free players staying too long in the transfer list we already purge them after 70 turns (or 72, not sure)

Cheers!

June 23, 2008 10:35

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

70! I think… :)

June 23, 2008 10:37

130 posts(s)

You have a valid point, at this point certainly there are lots of coworkers playing the game, i myself have a few… and the way to get more people playing is word of mouth.

By purging the records i was talking about the IP records that prevent the transfers. If one day you’re at a friend’s house and you want to log in just to check something, you’d be forever banned from trading with him. :)

June 23, 2008 11:13

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Oh, right, we have a bug entered for that :-)

Forums General