Forums General

Some questions on game mechanics

Subscribe to Some questions on game mechanics 4 post(s), 2 voice(s)

June 13, 2008 14:23

375 posts(s)

Hello, I am new to this game, but I like it :)

I have some questions, can anyone answer them, plz ?

Here they are:

1) What is the ratio for value/wage ? I mean, if a player on the free transfer list value is 1,000,000, the ideal wage he will accept (without other bids) should be 1,000,000/x = y ?

2) How do the secondary attributes influence the performance of the players ? What’s the most important secondary skills for Ds/Ms/As/GKs ?

3) At the moment there are 4 options for tactics besides the formation, they are:
- Passing style
- Passing frequency
- Shooting distance
- Tackling intensity

I assume that if my midfield has higher passing skill, I’d better choose “long” and “frequent” and if their passing is bad, I’d better choose “short” and “rare”. If my attackers’ shooting is good, the distance will be “long” and vice versa, same with the defense. Am I right ?

4)If I want to sign a young player from the free transfers’ list, I check his stats and it sais he had no matches in his career, can this mean that he had played 102498 friendly matches and didn’t improve and was fired and he is useless to me but I can’t check it out ?

5) If the potential of the players’ is counted in points, does this mean, for example “the player has 100 points of his potential left” and does this mean that an MA or DM will have their passing skill lower than a pure M ?

Thanks in advance :) Maybe the answers will be useful for other human players, not only me :)

June 13, 2008 15:06

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Welcome Alban! Here are the answers:

1) There is no exact ratio for value/wage even though the calculation is similar. It is important to notice that the player value and wage may become inaccurate over time. When a player is transfered his value temporarily changes to the transfer value. The wage a player will accept depends on how much is his current wage. Free players tend to accept less than a similar player that has a team. In the other hand, players with high wages may accept reductions, but not necessarily to a “fair” value. It is a gradual process.

2) I don’t have a perfect answer for that, personally I tend to consider all attributes when buying a player. The important thing is know how each attribute is used during the match.
Speed → running and taking action before opponents
Dribble → avoiding tackles
Control → running with the ball and controlling the ball when intercepting passes

3) What you said makes sense, specially for passing and shooting, as the distance influences the accuracy. Note that these tactics apply to all players, so if, for instance, your midfielders have good passing but everyone else have awful passing skills they may miss more long passes. Sometimes it’s worth it, sometimes not.

4) Yes, friendlies are not counted in the players statistics. Scouts or coaches (to be added soon) will help you in evaluating a player potential.

5) The player has individual potential on each skill and that’s not influenced by the player position. The player position influences the starting value for the attributes. The only difference between an M and a DM for instance is that the DM’s tackle tend to start with a higher value than the M’s tackle, but their passing tend to start with similar values. That means a DM will usually be a more complete player than a M. Of course that is not always true :-)

Hope this helps!

June 13, 2008 15:30

375 posts(s)

Thanks for the hospitality and quick answers which are very helpful.

I am very concerned about the answr #3 – will this always be like this ? Isn’t it better to slit in defense-midfield-attack lines ?

June 13, 2008 18:17

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

This is likely to change over time, tactics and the match engine will evolve continuously. We’ll try to make it the most configurable we can without making it too complex :-)

Cheers!

Forums General