Forums General

Full Match Replay

Subscribe to Full Match Replay 10 post(s), 4 voice(s)

June 08, 2008 15:45

65 posts(s)

How do you get the match replay to work? When i click on the link to view the match all i get is a big grey box.

June 08, 2008 17:35

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Do you have Java installed? Which browser are you using?

June 08, 2008 19:25

65 posts(s)

I think ive got Java installed. It was a long time ago when i installed it. Im using explorer.

June 09, 2008 08:22

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

To make sure you have Java installed open your Internet Explorer, click in the Tools menu → Internet Options → Advanced tab and look for Java in the list of settings. If you find it, make sure its checkbox is checked. If you don’t find it you can download it here . Look for Java Runtime Environment.

Let us know if you need any help.

June 09, 2008 08:56

65 posts(s)

Ive looked and ive got it installed. Ive got windows 98 tho and none of the downloads on that site are for windows 98 :(

October 21, 2008 11:10

24 posts(s)

Donator

I didn’t want to open a new topic on this one. I haven’t been able to watch a full match replay to finetune a few things in my team’s tactics ever since I joined.

I’m using Arch Linux, and none of the browsers I tried worked, especially the Gecko based ones which crash and everything.

I have the Java Runtime Environment installed and I’ve thrown every browser I have at it, with no success – Opera, Firefox, Kazehakase, Epiphany, Midori, etc.

Is this a known bug or is it something new? Is there any way to circumvent this, without having to resort to virtualization?

edit: Sorry, just noticed that this wasn’t filed under “Bugs”, but was on the General forum instead. I managed to have some sort of success by replacing Sun’s JRE with OpenJDK, it works with Gecko browsers, just not with Opera.

October 21, 2008 15:39

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

What do you mean by “some sort of success?”?
cheers!

October 21, 2008 20:16

24 posts(s)

Donator

Hehe, sorry! I should have meant 3/4 of success! What that means is that, even though it works with Gecko-based browsers, it won’t work with Webkit based ones, nor will it work with Opera. And the thing with OpenJDK is that its browser plugin isn’t registered as a JRE in those browsers as well.

So, whenever I need to use proper Sun’s Java – Portuguese IRS for instance – I have to reinstall it, rather than try to use OpenJDK as a browser extension. It just won’t work.

Also, sort of success means that, even though it does work now, it’s butt-ugly :P

But hey!, this is very specific. I suppose most people will use Windows, and the few that will use Linux will probably use Ubuntu (like your server does). I haven’t tested the behaviour under Ubuntu, but if it is buggy as in Arch, I’ll post the workaround as well.

For now, those 0.15% of people using Arch Linux and playing Rubysoccer: install OpenJDK, use Firefox or Kazehakase.

October 22, 2008 10:11

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Thanks for the tips, Onyros!

cheers

October 22, 2008 16:16

24 posts(s)

Donator

You’re welcome! BTW, looking at a few games I managed to correct my team’s flaws. The result was a 3-3 draw away vs the champs and a 7-1 victory over what I thought was a somewhat strong opponent… soooo, also there I had “some sort of success”!

Forums General