Forums General

Transfer negotiating

Subscribe to Transfer negotiating 7 post(s), 3 voice(s)

May 29, 2008 04:03

637 posts(s)

I want to buy Silveira Martins of Independiente (Fastticker) and my bid was exactly the transferprize of 25M. I was already negotiating with the player. And this morning I saw that the manager of Independiente had raised the transferprize to 30M.

I can accept this if there is another team that has offered 25M but not now cause I’m the only team that has offered 25M AND we were already negotiating.

I think there has to be something that the selling manager can’t change the transferprize once the buying team and the player are negotiating. So can you implete such kind of rule?

There has to be some fairplay in the game.

Cheers

May 29, 2008 06:00

37 posts(s)

I agree it’s not correct, thorpedo, but things like that happen in real life… Three years ago, the deal was closed between Benfica and Liverpool, Simão had agreed terms with the english side, and he was already inside the plane getting ready to lift off to England when Benfica’s president called him back and canceled the transfer :P Sellers change their mind very easily…

Here in Rubysoccer it happened to me once, but it was nothing that a little conversation between buyer and seller couldn’t overcome. :)

Just my two cents.

May 29, 2008 15:13

637 posts(s)

Talking about a little conversation. He literally said it was 25M in his message cause I want to give only 20M first. But I just have to pay this 30M if I want the player I guess…

And what you said about Simao I can understand in rubysoccer (not in real life) that you see the light and realise that the player is still very usefull for the team. But raise the transferprice is a totally different point according to me.

I just want to mention this…

Cheers

May 29, 2008 18:44

37 posts(s)

I agree, it’s something I wouldn’t do: set a price and make it higher as soon as someone beats it.
In your place, I wouldn’t buy the player – it’s a matter of principle for me.

Anyway, I think it’s up to us, managers, to decide what to do on these situations…

May 29, 2008 23:54

18 posts(s)

it doesn’t happen in real life.
a soccer player contract always has some kind of fee for the side who wants to break out.
if another club wants to hire a player against the owner club will, it just have to pay the fee and the contract is broken. nowadays in rubysoccer we have pay this fee to fire, but not to contract a player.
just to mention!
Best!

May 30, 2008 06:24

37 posts(s)

Are you talking about rescission clauses? They’re not mandatory. Some contracts have them, some don’t.

Anyway, the situation I mentioned is real and was made public by both sides, so I guess it really happens.

May 31, 2008 06:12

637 posts(s)

Problem solved. He just wanted to play the national cup with him. What a good conversation can do.

Forums General