Forums General

RubySoccer development

Subscribe to RubySoccer development 27 post(s), 9 voice(s)

May 27, 2008 14:24

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

I was curious to know what is our community feeling about how things are going in rubysoccer. Are you pleased with our development and new features? What about the future? Do you have any other feedback you would like us to consider?

Speak up!

cheers!

May 27, 2008 20:44

29 posts(s)

Donator

I am really satisfied with the way things are going so far ;-)

May 28, 2008 04:02

637 posts(s)

I’m also satisfied like the game is right now. Maybe you can expand the board in a next step and consider my suggestion for the CL.

Cheers.

May 29, 2008 00:31

27 posts(s)

I love it i just cant wait for the turkish league.

May 30, 2008 05:49

12 posts(s)

yeah that just reminded me is there going to be new leagues added to rubysoccer, like the turkish league, scottish, netherlends, belgium, etc?

May 30, 2008 07:56

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

There will be new leagues added to rubysoccer musti, that’s for sure. The question is when is it going to happen, cause right now we have most teams controlled by cpu on both dimensions. What we could do to add new countries right away is remove all second divisions from the game, this would allow us to add like 4 european and 2 south american countries. Of course this would require a reset. If more people would like that to happen we can create a new poll topic to decide whether or not this should be done.

Cheers!

May 30, 2008 10:56

37 posts(s)

I see a problem on removing all second divisions – we’d lose the thrill and motivation of avoiding relegation. The weaker teams would fight for nothing…

Not to mention the need of a reset, of course.

May 30, 2008 23:55

29 posts(s)

Donator

It`s fun the way it is, we just have to put some friends to play and fill these countries ;-)

May 31, 2008 00:53

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

We are losing some managers lately. I wonder why, if we are open to suggestions. Where are you, unsatisfied people? Speak up! Let us know what is not good enough to you!

May 31, 2008 08:03

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Unfortunately I think unsatisfied people won’t read these messages :-(

I’d be great if we could fill these countries! Danilo’s latest changes have reduced the tick time to a level where we have room for more countries.

Cheers!

May 31, 2008 13:53

85 posts(s)

Donator

I’m not feeling confortible with a reset, at least yet… I went through a lot since season 1, I know I asked for it, I started with the worst team of Portugal and probably one of the worst in the game and it’s good to see what my team achieved!

But if a reset is what everyone feels for then let’s move on to the future… The economy model is matured by now to level things from beginning :)

In case of “future” I have my own opinion (as always so here’s my new testament), I checked the game and this is current situation of Countries/Game/Nº Managers:
Brazil – Fast 26 – Medium 21
Argentina – Fast 5 – Medium 3
England – Fast 20 – Medium 14
France – Fast 7 – Medium 7
Germany – Fast 8 – Medium 9
Italy – Fast 16 – Medium 11
Portugal – Fast 22 – Medium 10
Spain – Fast 22 – Medium 12

Considering as objectives:
Increase number of leagues (expecting a more appealing game/increase of managers)
Decrease number of cpu teams (expecting decrease of wasted cpu work/less abandoned teams)

It looks to me that a better approach than cutting second leagues is to level leagues in all countries, and to decrease the number of teams per league, like 10/10 to first/second and two rounds in season! This way you could duplicate number of leagues and maybe increase competition too, slightly penalizing three leagues (it’s not the end of the world, ruby survived one reset since I play it…)

You could also implement it in a way that it would be possible to increase the number of teams without resetting!!! To 15, then to 20 in case of full game… Maybe this is hard work but it’s easy from where I stand :)

Before any reset I also think there are some priorities pending:
- Mature Game Engine (a lot);
- Mature managers/teams rankings (youth generation):

• Points with bonus criteria like 1x to division 1/0,7x to division 2, 1,1x to cup, 1,3x to UEFA/whatever is the name of the respective cup in south america, 1,5x to champions/whatever is the name of the respective cup in south america;
  • Points for infrastructures (stadium development, whatever appears);
  • Points for player acquisitions (players values, earning/loosing points with squad value);
  • Points with players development as this means creating value in game.
    - Retirements, players decreasing skills/less injuries;
    - Mature board;
    - Mature Formation Strategies;
    - The newspaper.

I don’t see new contract clauses as priority, cpu is not very clever in ruby and all players have a cpu mind…

I’m tired of writing and no one os going to read this far so…

Cheers

May 31, 2008 17:17

120 posts(s)

Donator

I like that you guys listen, and have development plans already… and are willing to make changes. I joined the game early on, and left. I wasn’t happy with the game. But I checked back, and found it has improved nicely, and seems to be continuing that improvement. I don’t know why you’re losing managers though…

May 31, 2008 19:19

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Hugo, we do read everything. Always :). Everything you mentioned is on our list, some of then are planned to be implemented very soon. I hope we can keep up with all the improvements we have to do!
Dave, I am glad people are recognizing our recent improvements. And I think that very soon we will have a few major new features.

cheers!

May 31, 2008 23:47

85 posts(s)

Donator

Just checking :)
Are you sure you read the part of leveling and cutting leagues to half the teams instead of cutting the second division!?
Hope you did…

May 31, 2008 23:58

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

I am also against cutting out the second divisions. For now we only suggest players who want more human opponents to move to more populated countries. We will still think about other options.
cheers

June 01, 2008 06:08

27 posts(s)

nuh i rekon we should give people more variety by cutting out second devisions and putting in new leagues because if i was a new manager i would rather a good team than a small team name wise. i think you guys would get more managers if you scrap the second devision and put in new leagues.
cheers…

June 01, 2008 09:07

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Hard decision, to cut or not to cut :-)

Cutting out second divisions:
+room for more countries without having cpu managing most teams
+we’d stick with a good number of teams in the league
-would probably require a reset
-small teams wouldn’t have the challenge to avoid relegation

Cutting first divisions in two and remove second divisions:
+we’d still have the challenge of avoiding relegation
+room for more countries without having cpu managing most teams
-could also require a reset as some second division teams have managers
-leagues would have just a few matches, so you could end up with long periods without official matches

Let’s keep this discussion rolling for a while.

=====

Dave, I’m glad you came back to check our game and decided to stay due to our improvements. I’m pretty sure that if all those who left the game (cause it was still too simple and not bug free in the beginning) came back as you did we’d have a lot more users and wouldn’t be discussing a way to add more countries without having lots of cpu teams, we’d be simply adding the new countries :-)

Cheers!

June 01, 2008 09:34

85 posts(s)

Donator

About the: leagues would have just a few matches, so you could end up with long periods without official matches;
As I suggested: two rounds in season:
- Two rounds would be more competitive, a team would play their biggest opponents 4 times instead of 2;
- Lower teams would receive more money as they will receive top teams twice at home (tickets).
Cheers

June 01, 2008 09:59

27 posts(s)

good point gabriel but i still think that you should cut the second division and if there is teams being managed in the second devision just replace them with the computer teams in the 1st div, there mite be a few left overs but you can just put a few extra teams in the league. better that playing each other 4 times. like i said ruby needs a bit more variety, the more variety the more people are satisfied and once the leagues are full we can still put the second div in. all we need to do is attract people at the moment.
cheers…

June 01, 2008 12:45

637 posts(s)

I support the idea of cutting the first division in two and remove the second division. I took a look in fastticker and there only is a problem in Brazil, Spain and Portugal. But maybe you can solve this by adding new countries. I think many managers wait for new countries and will choose a new team in one of these new countries.
I suggest that you first add some new countries (with already a 1 division in two pieces) and afterwards you can remove the 2 divisions in the 8 existing countries (and replace the cpu teams by managed 2 division teams if still necessary)

Or you can maintain in the most popular countries the 2 division (I think this is an option for Brazil, Portugal and Spain)

Maybe you can send a message in the game itself to ask who will choose for a new team or to let everybody know that this discussion is an important one.
Then also managers who don’t look at the forum can give their opinion if they want. And everybody knows so nobody can complain.

To Polat: I don’t find it a problem to play 4 times against the same team, cause the smaller division will be stronger then the one right now. And if you have a bad season you also can play against relegation. Otherwise there will be no goal at all for smaller teams. With this smaller league it’s also possible that a smaller team (who normaly play for relegation) can qualificate for the european/sud american competitions if they play a great season.
e.g. in Italy there are each season different who play for the CL and UEFA cup places.

So I would say cut and add more countries (Netherlands, Belgium, Turkey, …)

Cheers

June 01, 2008 13:45

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

difficult decision. I will talk to Gabriel, but for now I am thinking that the best decision is to wait until we implement the rest of our initial plans for strategies and tactics. After that, we will send an email to everybody that was our user once and it is not anymore, inviting those people to check our improvements out. That will hopefully bring some managers back, giving us more options. We can also start some free advertising after that – we don’t have any advertising at all.

cheers!

June 02, 2008 15:49

637 posts(s)

I think many managers will come back if they see the improvement. And probably the number of countries at the moment will be the main point why managers left. I also know at least 1 manager who left the game because he was fired after inactivity. Maybe 1 week is a bit less. I know there is an holiday option but I think many managers doesn’t know this…

Cheers

June 02, 2008 19:58

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Maybe some sort of starters guide and / or help screens would be useful.

June 02, 2008 20:25

85 posts(s)

Donator

Well, a friend of mine picked up a team and quited because he couldn’t understand how to play… I disagree, the game can’t be that confusing but it was his opinion, and he was serious!
Perhaps the starter guide, a beginners assistant, a manager for dummies, would help…

June 02, 2008 21:09

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’ve started to write a draft of the starters guide in our empty wiki. You guys can see it here . Those of you who have some time and would like to contribute, please do. If you’re not familiar with wikis don’t worry, it’s really simple, just create an user in the wiki and you can start editing everything! We and those familiar with wikis will certainly help you! But if you want to contribute and are still uncomfortable with all this wiki talk you can always send me or Danilo the text you’d like to add. After putting together a good starters guide we can start working on a more detailed help.

Cheers!

June 03, 2008 20:15

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

woohoo. the forum is back.

cheers!

June 03, 2008 22:41

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

it was away again for a few moments due to translation tests :). but it is really back guys.

cheers!

Forums General