Forums General

4 goals in 40 matchs

Subscribe to 4 goals in 40 matchs 9 post(s), 7 voice(s)

May 23, 2008 12:25

13 posts(s)

Donator

Hi, at the begining the “logic” changed because the complains about the many goals scored in the match.
Now we can see on the spanish league the winner with 4 goals received in all the league. And no goals received also in the champions:
P W D L GF GA Pts
38 22 16 0 55 4 82

This absolutely unreal, in real life no team will receive only 4 goals in 40 matchs! No way, this makes the game without motivation to continue and progress.

Regards,

May 23, 2008 13:30

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

I can understand your concern. Very soon we will have a lot of extra stuff on match. In the meanwhle, we will see what we can adjust. But one thing we have to be careful about is not to use isolated exceptions as examples. I wonder if you guys would like exceptions to be ABSOLUTELY impossible in our game. It is fun to have the possibility of extraordinary things to happen, in my opinion.

I hope you can find motivation in our good number of recent and past achievements, despite the many things we still want to implement or improve.

cheers!

May 23, 2008 15:18

120 posts(s)

Donator

I understand Jota’s point… but I see no problem with Athletico Madrid’s results this season. He has assembled a great team, he uses them intelligently, and they get great results. What’s the problem???

I’m up against a similar team (Liverpool) in the EPL.

Complaining about “unrealistic” results?… not me. I’m gonna figure out a way to BEAT that team. It might take me a while. But I’m getting there.

Because the team is SO good… that will only make it more exciting for me if I do beat them. I like having a high target to shoot at!!!

May 24, 2008 00:31

120 posts(s)

Donator

Jota is right, only 4 goals recived in more than 40 games it is weird in reality. Excepcions can be good but not that unreal. Atletico has a great team and it might deserve to win… but that kind of goal keeper it is just a concrete wall, not human….

May 24, 2008 11:42

120 posts(s)

Donator

I thought about that some more… and I agree with you and Jota. I think.

May 25, 2008 20:59

65 posts(s)

Well ive been relegated becos i simply cannot get my team to score! I scored something like only 5 goals in the entire season and i tried every formation and tactics i could. Ive got a decent team but its got to the point were i dunno what to do anymore to get the team to score :(

June 09, 2008 10:08

53 posts(s)

Donator

Hello all,

All of you are speaking about my team, Atletico de Madrid… :)

Thanks a lot for your kind words about my team! ;)

I agree Jota, more or less, even when I’m the owner of that good goalkeeper and defense.

You are right, Jota, when you said that it’s quite unreal to receive only 4 goals in 40 matches… But this is my strategy at this moment. I have the best goalkeaper of this game (fast ticker), so that I’ve improved my defense to avoid the oportunities of the opponent team and I use counter attacks when I can…
So that, have a look to some of my matches and you’ll see that I receive only a few goals because the other teams created very few opportunities…

Anyway, I absolutely agree it’s very difficult to score goals currently. You need to create a lot of opportunities to score one or two goals, this is clear.

This is the reason because if you have a good goalkeeper, you can use him as the key player of a good team and you’ll finish in the first places of the league.

Best regards!
Javier.

June 09, 2008 21:57

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

The guy is playing with the rules in his hands :-)

I’ve already replied in another topic about how hard it is to score a goal, that will be sorted out. Let’s see what happens when we add headers to the game.

Cheers!

June 10, 2008 03:03

13 posts(s)

Donator

Hi, thanks Javier Palacian for your reply.
I am agree with the fact that the rules are the same for everyone.
Best Regards. Cheers.

Forums General