Forums General

Donations

Subscribe to Donations 8 post(s), 6 voice(s)

May 13, 2008 15:05

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

I’ve made a few changes to our donations/expenses structure. Paypal is still our way to do it, but the system now tracks internally our finances – this gives us the possibility to have private/public pages to show individual and generic financial information. If we need help, a red message alert is displayed at the login page.

I would like to hear your opinion on this. Mainly on:

What kind of information you would like us to show? In what level of access?

cheers

May 14, 2008 14:04

53 posts(s)

Donator

Hello Rubyadicts!

We have that red message alert in the login page!!
All of us want to enjoy this game lots and lots of years but…
They need some money to pay server costs, hey, let’s go to send them some money…
It’s very easy and quick!

Please, if they have losses too much time I supose the will finally close this game.

Javier, Atletico de Madrid’s Manager in FastTicker.

May 15, 2008 03:13

637 posts(s)

I know but unfortunately i have no credit card. Otherwise I had done a donation right now.

May 17, 2008 09:29

120 posts(s)

Donator

Javier is right! The very LEAST we can do is cover the server costs!!!

I just donated $25 to cover this month. If 12 guys do that, we’re good for the year.

I know not everyone can afford it… but give something, if you can.

And you guys that CAN afford it… and you know who you are!… break open the wallet, get your credit card out, and make a donation.

The game is worth it, and it’ll make you feel better.

I do! :)

Cheers!

May 17, 2008 09:37

120 posts(s)

Donator

Danilo,

If you want to make a public page with a list of donators… I’d use their “game name” (not real names), and include date and amount of donation.

If a player doesn’t want even their “game name” on the public list, then use “anonymous” for their donation. But I think a public page could be a nice thing… and a good reminder of when I last contributed, and how much… and maybe it will encourage others to get their name on the “donator list”.

May 17, 2008 15:24

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

So here is what I will do:

1. At the forums, if you click your name you will see a list of your donations (that will be PRIVATE, only you will be able to see it)
2. At the donations page, you will see a public list of donations. No names, just the dates and values.

Is somebody not comfortable with that approach? You have 1 week to answer :)

May 19, 2008 18:45

124 posts(s)

I think it is good the way you are planning it, Danilo. But what about adding a country ranking? Can you see from what country the donations are coming from? If a few players from a few countries happen to take it as a competition, you could get a couple of more dollars in :)

May 20, 2008 07:33

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Sounds good Toni, it would be good to add the country information to the user, we currently don’t have it. :-)

Cheers!

Forums General