Forums General

Formation Strategies HELP!

Subscribe to Formation Strategies HELP! 2 post(s), 2 voice(s)

May 02, 2008 01:37

50 posts(s)

Hi,

Can someone explain all the parts of this section cause I havent got a clue what any of it means and thus I dont use it.

Cheers,

Lee.

May 02, 2008 02:15

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Using this screen you can schedule conditional substitutions and/or field position changes during the match. That is what we call strategy. Here is how this works:

- There are 2 types of conditional strategies: time based and event based
- Time based strategies may occur any time after the minute you have scheduled, but you can also ask it to only apply if a certain game result is happening (you are ahead, not ahead, tied, behind or not behind)
- Event based strategies will apply if the specified match event occurs (example: an attacker receives a redcard, a midfielder is injured, etc)
- When a strategy is applied, there are 2 possible changes that you can apply simultaneously or individually: substitutions and field position changes
- The “position to apply (from)” determines which field position will be affected by the strategy. If by the time the strategy applies no one is on that position, nothing happens
- The “field reassign (to)” determines the field position to where the player that was in the “from” position will be moved when this strategy is applied. If you only select N/A´s there, there will be no position change for this strategy
- The “Player substitute” determines who will be replacing the affected player (if this is a substitution rule). This can be generic, like “The best attacker” or very specific, like “Ronaldinho”

Is that good enough? If you have any questions please let me know.

I did not have space on the screen to design this functionality exactly in the way I wanted, but I am planning to add more manager possibilities and, when I decide to do that, I will also give this area a “face lift”. I hope I can make it more intuitive by then.

cheers!

Forums General