Forums General

Free transfers

Subscribe to Free transfers 15 post(s), 7 voice(s)

February 20, 2008 13:04

42 posts(s)

Donator

When several teams offer the same contract value for one player is there another criteria considered?
I’ve just “lost” 3 players like this, and 2 of them for the same team…

February 20, 2008 14:21

55 posts(s)

Donator

Hi

The criteria when more then one offer was done is:
1) Wage
2) Number of seasons (higher is better)
3) Who made the offer first

Because there is a wage cap right now, deppending on the value of the player, I lost more than once to teams that offered the exact same value I did. But every time they made the original offer before I did. So, if you offer the max wage possible for three seasons, if you were not the first one to make an offer, you can lose the player.

[]

February 20, 2008 14:57

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

We’ll soon change that to make the third criteria be “who has the weakest team”, to give the weakest a chance to improve ;-)

Cheers!

February 20, 2008 15:15

42 posts(s)

Donator

Thank you very much for your reply, Samir!

Cheers and good luck!

February 20, 2008 15:48

7 posts(s)

Gabriel, I don’t agree with that criteria. Why should weakest teams be chosen? That doesn’t make any sense, you’re trying to balance the game but it is unfair for the “biggest” teams, because the game will be a lot less fun to play. The player should pick a random team, that would be fair!

February 20, 2008 15:51

37 posts(s)

That criteria will penalize the best managers. In real world, players want to be on the strongest clubs, not on the weakest :)

February 20, 2008 16:15

42 posts(s)

Donator

True…
So players would prefer to go to Liverpool instead of going to Leixões. :P

February 20, 2008 16:39

37 posts(s)

It’s yet to be proven that your team is stronger than mine, we’ve never played against each other :)

Though my initial squad was weaker than yours, as Portugal was on the tail of the ranks on day 0…

February 20, 2008 17:19

42 posts(s)

Donator

We can arrange the game. :)
But I guess Liverpool has a better UEFA ranking than Leixões, not because of me, but for its history.
I think this was the way old ManagerSim worked. And like in real world, as you said, better teams become even better while small teams have great difficulties in progressing.
I guess it’s a tough call…who should have priority in getting the players…

February 20, 2008 19:36

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I like the random ideia…the player could even go to a team that was not the best offer (of course with much less probability) :-)

February 20, 2008 22:56

85 posts(s)

Donator

To bring UEFA or FIFA real life competition rankings to Ruby is a mistake in my opinion, here there are no big cities to generate mass population in the game, and I mean money. All stadiums started with the same capacity and it can’t be more fair!
The best criteria for player transfer is already applied, money (wage)! And the limit is fine, is real big, but it is the only way to consume big clubs money. When many teams offer maximum wage and 3 seasons I think you should consider other criteria yes, but not the weakest team!!!
Good second criteria would be competitions participation, who is where, a team in the champions should be prefered to a team in the UEFA, and these teams to other less positioned team, because those are the games players want to play. It’s not difficult, team in international competition (by competition importance), team in first league, team in second league! And the clubs able to get to final competitions will be prefered to all others in the end of international competitions, they deserve it too, I think.
Third good criteria would be random, I believe it is quite fair too :) but odds should be powered, first to make an offer, number of seasons, club history titles (in ruby), also league points in last and present season, should all count to give more or less chances to clubs, as this would be the final untie!

Cheers!

February 21, 2008 07:35

130 posts(s)

Players should choose money, team importance, and the opportunity they will have to be a 1st team regular.
At least this is the way i see it in real life.

I will not even try to begin talking about the mythic wage cap, seeing as players went for 200k+ this season, if it exists it obviously isn’t working properly.

February 21, 2008 10:07

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Now that we have team ranking (even though it’s not displayed yet) we can use that as the third criteria (first being wage, second being contract length). Guys, believe me, the wage cap is working exactly as designed, the player that has a 200k wage would ask regularly for something around 20k, so here is the cap, 10x real estimate. Is it high? Yes, but as some people said, how would rich teams spend their money the way things are? ;-)

Cheers!

February 21, 2008 19:05

130 posts(s)

lol i see :)
btw, do we have bankrupcy yet?

cheers.

February 21, 2008 19:21

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Unfortunately not, but I think it’s among the highest priority tasks now.

Cheers!

Forums General