Forums General

Transfer List for Billionaires?

Subscribe to Transfer List for Billionaires? 16 post(s), 8 voice(s)

February 11, 2008 21:12

64 posts(s)

This is for everyone:

I want to know who is willing to pay $50,000,000 for a 30-year-old defender that does not even reach the 90 rating mark in Tackle?

i was looking at the transfer list for Brazil, (ok I know that in real life Brazil has the best players in the WORLD, and in Ruby Soccer they are developed prey good), but when I saw Hilton Ximenes with rating of 87 for $50,000,000 I almost fell out of my chair,

First of all he has a wage of $102,000 that is more than half of what I pay for my entire Team (and I have 9 players with 80+ rating)

Second he is already 30 years old I doubt that he will ever get to 90+

I think that the current problem with the game is that there are no limits on the Transferring of players, I think that there should be a Maximum amount that a players could be sold, I do not think that 99% of the teams could not afford payers like this, I do not think that reducing stadiums will be the solution for the financial problems of certain teams, I think that it should start with the Transfer system, here should be a regulation of all the prices and of all the wages, there would be maximums and minimums.

I just want to know out of all the managers who is willing to take the risk of paying a huge amount of money for a player that is going to take them bankrupt.

It is clear that some Managers are manipulating the Transfers of all the nations; they buy a good player because they know they have the money and then they wait the minimum amount of turns to resell the players for an elevated cost that none of us could afford.

February 11, 2008 22:11

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

The guy who is selling this player is a co-worker. :-D

I agree with most of what you’ve said. Soon we’ll go back to these transfers and wages regulations, I’ve worked on them for a while and them went back to other features (players side, home team advantage, stadium reduction and increasing the number of seats), as soon as I’m done with these (maybe board expectations for next season also) I’ll add some new rules to transfers, hopefully for the best.

Cheers!

February 12, 2008 02:22

85 posts(s)

Donator

Well, I never get tired of saying this… CPU teams are one of the biggest problems… They can buy a 30 M player… I just sold my 31 year old keeper to one, I bought him in season 1 for 450K, he was 81 kpg and worth 4M real value, I sold him for 8 M to a CPU team!
I had half the team for sale by player value more than one season and I couldn’t sell one player by his real value!!!
In the same day one player was sold to Sevilla by 15M, 3 clubs were interested, Sevilla and 2 CPU teams, CPU teams would pay 15M for a player! One colleague had a player for sale for some time, he moved the player from 1M to 4 and the player was sold the very next day to a CPU team…

Cheers…

February 12, 2008 09:54

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I agree Hugo, we’ll have to fix that for CPU teams.

Cheers.

February 13, 2008 12:00

85 posts(s)

Donator

If possible make them retain their best youth players (like G – Kpg>=70, D – Tac>=70, M – Pas>=70, A – Sho>=70), renew almost all contracts so that these teams retain their value (read don’t loose players for speculation market).
They could go for a low-medium budget squad with 22 players+youths and play friendlies (like 1 friendly/3 ticks) with the opposite player auto selection to use the worst 11 players, improve them, and gain overall squad value! This could improve CPU teams and market behavior taking good part of the free market for player training, with a small cost.
These teams should never pay more than player real value on a transfer, you probably can calculate that, and CPU team wage limitation on contract has to be much much lower. Please let me know about new CPU teams behavior, because I really prefer to sell most of my players for their real value!

Just a few ideas for the CPU teams… Cheers…

February 13, 2008 15:37

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Nice suggestions Hugo, we can probably add all of them and some are already planned (make CPU teams play friendlies, limit the amount they will pay for a player). We’ll announce new behaviours as they are implemented. Thanks!

Cheers.

February 13, 2008 18:13

223 posts(s)

the great problem of this game is that teams need no money and they only transfer the players to show that they have them or praying that some wanker will afford them.

thats my point, in ms teams needed money and financial problems were very common…

cheers

February 13, 2008 23:55

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

agreed. But we have antecipated that market balance would take some time to be achieved. a lot of rules and adjustments need to be implemented for this to happen. keep coming with suggestions/feedback. we will keep doing our best to make this important balance a reality as soon as possible.

cheers!

March 13, 2008 16:53

25 posts(s)

I dont agree with this stuff. As the game goes on we need new ways of fun, and one of them is buying → improving → selling players.
I spend most of the time searching for the best players in the transfer lists, buying and selling and the market balances the things. Why a CPU team pays XX millions for a player you thing it doesnt worth?? Because nobody is selling the best players and the CPU is plenty of money!! it buys the best player it finds !!!!!! in the medium ticker is very difficult to find in the transfer list players over 80, so if I am going to sell one I will ask the money I think he worths……
I think that setting a limit to the number of players a team can have was a great idea, because somehow it forces to sell if you want to buy or maintain the young players, but I think we dont need more control. It is a part of the game.

March 13, 2008 18:31

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

well, cpu now is not that dumb anymore…. it wont pay a lot for a player, unless it is really fair.

March 14, 2008 07:29

37 posts(s)

Any ideas on why nobody is buying players? Is it because everyone is spending their money on stadium improvements?

We see good players listed with really low prices and nobody bids them…

Cheers.

March 14, 2008 12:25

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I think some people (like me) are having a hard time keeping their finance situation in a reasonable level. In my case it happened cause I pay a couple high wages and have a big squad. Economy is a hard issue but we’ll do our best to balance it whenever problems come.

In addition to that I have some ideias about player training that may improve the players quality and make the market more interesting after we add coaches to the game. We’ll see.

Cheers!

April 07, 2008 20:10

18 posts(s)

what I see now, after the economical changes during the last season, is that a result of this “frozen transfers market” is that some teams are selling high wage players almost for free just to balance their finances. I saw some of them on sale for $1.

I don’t know if it’s a problem or just a natural aspect of the game economy, but certainly its a fact tha doesn’t happen in real life.

best!

April 07, 2008 22:14

85 posts(s)

Donator

Oh Yes it does, over speculation generated a crash in 1929… Recently, you had the dot-com boom and after 2000 there was a crisis in telcos, $K or more of fiber optical investments were sold for 1$ and less… There was an economy bubble in ruby market, but the bubble has blown after endless speculation (player wages) and now it is balancing. If there was a restart wages would be around what? 50K/team? Less? Does anyone remember? :)
One thing should happen, no team should be forbidden from market access, a small wage amount enough for free players should exist as a minimum cap.

Cheers

April 07, 2008 22:35

18 posts(s)

Looking at this angle, it does happen… I was just surprised to see $1 players in the market!
I agree on you when you say those teams in bankruptcy should have some sort of market access. A team in bad financial conditions can’t even hire free players or those who costs $1. It’s not a complain, I took my team to bankruptcy, but it’s though to leave this situation when you can’t improve the squad.

best!

April 08, 2008 09:20

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Agreed guys, poor or negative teams should be able to hire cheap or free players with a limited wage. Added to our list.

Cheers!

Forums General