Forums General

Need some advice

Subscribe to Need some advice 6 post(s), 3 voice(s)

February 08, 2008 19:34

241 posts(s)

Hi all,

First let me thank the developers for running this promising beta. I am a newbie but i have played managersim before like most of you.

I was really motivated the first couple of days but i am getting little frustrated as the young players i have signed are not developing as i expected.

Before i sign a player i check the players history to see if they played any games before or not. Logically a player aged 17 with no games played should develop right? They show some improvement in the beginning but after some games they stop developing.

How many games roughly they need to play to reach their peak stats?
A player with main skill in high 60s or low 70s has the potential to reach 85+ ?
Should i give up on a young player that has not developed after 5+ consecutive games?

If some of the experienced managers or a developer can enlighten me i will appreciate.

February 08, 2008 19:58

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

amacb,

how many seasons/years would you expect for a real player to take to develop his potential? we thought about a reasonable answer and tried to implement that. but of course that one season is not quite enough to reach the max :). we may tune this a little bit, but you already gave a good idea of what happens with the evolution: faster in the beginning and slower after that. also, in a near future we will have ways, outside the match (trainings), to improve your players – I am sure this will add more fun to this process.

but think about it: if your players develop too fast, they would also stop developing fast. that would take the fun away too. also, it is nice if they always have something to improve, even if it takes much longer than in the beginning.

last but not least, the latent potential of a player can really surprise a manager. the chance of a huge evolution decreases with the size of the evolution but, like in the real world, a huge evolution is rare but perfectly possible.

hope this helps,
cheers

February 08, 2008 22:27

4,290 posts(s)

Administator

Another important thing to notice is that friendlies are not displayed in the players history (some people asked for that, but we’re not sure if whether or not we should include friendlies in history). Other than that it is basically what Danilo wrote.

Answering your 2 last questions directly:
-a player can reach 85+ with main skill in high 60s or low 70s, but most of them won’t (I had both good surprises and great disappointments with some youths I had)
-the number of matches needed for a new improvement increases as a player evolves, so it is perfectly reasonable that a player which has not developed after 5 matches still has a lot to improve

After improving a certain number of times the player is considered to be fully developed, and this last improvement can increase his skills more than usual, if the player still had a lot of potential. To sum up, looking at the current skills and history is a good hint to guess whether or not you should get a player, but there is no magic recipe you have to take some risks :-)

p.s.: scouts in the future will help you evaluating players, of course they won’t be 100% precise
p.s.2: we do need a help for some features, don’t we? :-D

February 09, 2008 17:48

241 posts(s)

I agree that if the players improve too fast the game will be less challenging but the opposite is also not so good IMO. If we wait too long to see if the promising player is gonna meet the expectations or not there is no point signing new players because you have to play the ones you already have for a long period of time to know the answer.That means less transfer activity which could hurt the game.I for one enjoy scouting through transfer lists and making transfers . Anyway I hope more indications would be added in the future like improvement in their secondary skills or a msg from your training coaches etc..ohh and training would definitely be a great feature to have and i hope its on your to-do list.

Thanks for the replies and listening,

Cheers

February 09, 2008 23:44

4,290 posts(s)

Administator

Yeah, I’m pretty sure scouts and coaches feedback will help a lot on that. Maybe in the future we could make the initial improvement phase be faster than it is now. We’ll see.

Cheers!

February 10, 2008 00:22

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

yep, i think the training will make a lot of difference on that.

cheers

Forums General