Forums General

Web Hosting

Subscribe to Web Hosting 20 post(s), 8 voice(s)

January 11, 2008 07:16

40 posts(s)

Since you guys could be looking for a new reliable server… Users could give some sugestions from their own experiences.

Im my case, I already had a lot of web hostings for several sites… and now I am using www.kattare.com – This host has a very good backbone and some good politics:

- “High speed redundant fiber optic connections from top tier vendors AT&T, Verizon (UUNet), and Global Crossing.”
- “No more than 25 users per shared webserver.”
- “30-day money back guarantee”

Check it out http://www.kattare.com/website-hosting-features.kvws

Expensive? Maybe… But it is worthy. I do not have any commission or fee from this host. :)

Ricardo Marques

January 11, 2008 08:33

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Thanks Ricardo! We’re definitely looking for a new server, specially with root access to our account (which we don’t have right now), paypal acceptance (not that we get much money from donations, only 40 or 50 dollars so far, but we want to be prepared if we start getting more donations), 30-days money back guarantee and any kind of ruby on rails support (not really necessary as we can setup everything with root access).

We’ll soon have a donations and expenses information page, so everybody can clearly see how the money is being expended (from donators and ours :-) )

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Cheers!

January 16, 2008 09:11

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Tomorrow we will be on a new server. Once more we will need your feedback after the move. We will massmail everybody when that happens.

cheers

January 16, 2008 18:52

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Already on the new host! Feedback, please!

cheers

January 16, 2008 22:47

13 posts(s)

Donator

Navigation on the New Server is better. Transfer/loans pages load faster. In the formation screen, assigning players is much faster now. The fixtures page is the slowest one, about 20 seconds to open.

Cheers

January 16, 2008 23:22

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Nice! I was changing some web server internal configurations and database structure details – it should be better now!

cheers

January 17, 2008 10:26

13 posts(s)

Donator

True. Fixtures page now loads as fast as any other.

Thx.

January 18, 2008 09:17

23 posts(s)

Donator

hello

I am having a lot of issues with the new server. i constantly get proxy server error. especially if opening more than one connection has i usually do in firefox.

I know of at least 2 colleagues of mine with the same problem

Regards

January 18, 2008 09:21

47 posts(s)

Hi Gabriel ,

Sorry for the other post , I did not see this one before…
Same than Tiago for me :

About the new server, I think that it is worse than before. All pages are very slow and I got many errors.
In fact I must try again the same page every 5 mn sometimes more often…
Little thing more : the links in the messages of the mail box are not working anymore and are puting me out of the game
Cheers
Fran

January 18, 2008 09:41

803 posts(s)

It is hapening the same to me:
Proxy Error
Reason: Error reading from remote server

When this does not hapen the speed is the same it was before the new server… It is fine for me, but this error is hapenig a lot today…

Cheers

January 18, 2008 10:56

47 posts(s)

Almost unplayable now :((
I just spent 20mn trying to reach the game without success…
I just managed it when I tried to use one of the link of my history’s browser

January 18, 2008 10:57

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’ll talk to Danilo so we can decide what to do.

Thanks for your feedback guys, keep posting your opinions.

Cheers.

January 18, 2008 12:52

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

The site was out for a moment. We are going out to lunch now, but when we return we will explain our current situation to you guys.

cheers

January 18, 2008 13:24

123 posts(s)

Txs, because its very hard playing now
Its free, yes, but when we adicted, have one important game, and cannot login, its crazy
Hope you kepp this normal, because i cannot help
Faster, please

January 18, 2008 16:33

803 posts(s)

It is working fine now… don’t know what you have done, but it resulted :D

Cheers

January 21, 2008 13:13

40 posts(s)

Regarding the new server, after some days of use, …

Maybe the performance is degradating during time. Sometimes pages take a while to load. In the firsts days, the performance was really good.

January 21, 2008 14:11

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I agree Ricardo. Our host seems to be slow as a whole, but we may try a small change if it stays slows as it is most of the time now.

Cheers!

January 21, 2008 18:47

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

some of you may be wondering what is the problem. well, the problem is RAM. we are trying to use apache to help us serve some stuff but it seems that we dont have enough memory to do that (at least not if we are running a big tick). that is why things go slow after a while.

we will keep trying to fit our env in our restrictions, but at least everything is working great now (just some slowness sometimes). we hope to solve everything with a few adjustments.

cheers!

January 23, 2008 22:56

13 posts(s)

Donator

Can´t say if it’s a server issue but I cant enter Fasticker.

Login process is fine but every time I try to enter on Fasticker I get this:

*RubySoccer System Error

Oops! It looks like there was an error.*

On Mediumticker I can enter but I don’t have a team there :P

January 24, 2008 02:37

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Already fixed that, sorry guys. You should be able to try again, please let me know if you have any other problems.

cheers

Forums General