Forums General

Young Players Improvement

Subscribe to Young Players Improvement 4 post(s), 3 voice(s)

December 06, 2007 08:17

57 posts(s)

I bought a couple of promising young players hoping that they would improve their skills during the season… specially if they played friendlies.

Well, they played a lot of matches but there was little or null improvement.

One thing is having a played that doesn’t play any matches so it’s logic that he will never get better. Another thing is a 16 or 17 year old player, with an average 65/70 in skills who plays regularly… this kind of player has to improve.

Don’t you agree?

Best regards,
Jorge Correia > Fast > Portugal > Division One > Naval

December 06, 2007 09:08

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Do you see they improve regularly (at least the 16 years old ones)? Every time they improve they will have to play the same number of matches needed for the previous improvement or more to improve again. The main ideia here is that a player usually won’t be at his best with 19 or 20 years old. If they were it would be easier to determine whether a player was worth buying as a promise or not.

I got your point, I used to play MS like you and the improvement system was a bit different. Hopefully ours will prove to be good as well over the seasons, specially with a few more adjustments.

Thanks for the feedback, it is very important to us!

December 06, 2007 11:08

130 posts(s)

In SS after they turned 19 they would never (ok, VERY rarely) improve another single point, and i used to find that really annoying.

I’m liking this new system, but it’s a lot harder to tell if a player is going to be good or not. I think they could maybe develop a bit faster in the beginning, until they reached high 70s/low 80’s. Aside from that, the system looks pretty nice. :)

December 06, 2007 11:57

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I kinda agree with you Ricardo. They do develop faster in the beginning, maybe not fast enough in a few cases. But that fast initial period cannot be attached to the skills as you suggest, remember that in the future we’ll have countries where most players won’t reach high 70s/low 80s. :-)

Forums General