Forums General

Buying and Selling

Subscribe to Buying and Selling 7 post(s), 2 voice(s)

April 22, 2022 00:11

228 posts(s)

Hi,
I found a good player, even had a couple skills above 90. I saw the suggested offer of 75mil

I’ve got a good player, has a few skills above 90. Why can’t I sell him for 75mil? Or even half that amount?

April 22, 2022 00:53

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I assume you are talking about forced transfers. In that case the amount is higher because the team you are buying from is not interested in selling. It is as if you were paying a release fee clause.

I intend to make cpu teams sometimes transfer list good players for higher amounts, but not as high as the forced transfer price. Similarly they could potentially make higher offers for non listed players.

April 23, 2022 05:57

228 posts(s)

Hi,
yes for forced transfers. Just trying to work out how to buy a player without losing all of my cash – because I am not sure I can ever sell enough players to make back the cash used on 1 purchase.

April 23, 2022 13:31

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

That probably has to do with CPU teams not spending more than 1.1x the player base value, meaning human teams get less money by overselling old players (that’s how I saw it). Anyway, clearly things can improve, but my experience managing a top team in a top league is that you make enough money from other income sources to cover your expenses and have a little surplus (few millions). Of course that is a very slow way to grow your balance, especially with the current player prices, so we’ll definitely do something about it.

July 28, 2022 05:23

228 posts(s)

Yep.

Just noticed a guy I liked, went to make an offer and found:

suggested offer: $205,299,136

Best player in the game? Probably not, but made me think about who is making that kind of money to be able to afford to buy someone that expensive now?

July 28, 2022 11:06

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I don’t think people are spending that kind of money anymore…definitely something rare these days. Now I’m managing a second division D club in Portugal, feeling how hard it is to make money so that I can make things better.

July 28, 2022 23:54

228 posts(s)

When clubs go down a division and sell players, they certainly have a more realistic sell price.

Forums General