Forums General

Shooting distance, tactical problems, etc.

Subscribe to Shooting distance, tactical problems, etc. 7 post(s), 5 voice(s)

October 25, 2007 07:41

124 posts(s)

Sorry for the long post! I don´t mean to complain but I´d like to understand why my team is having difficulties with scoring. Maybe it´s my tactics…

I am not happy with the scoring of my team. I think they should score more. I´d like to understand how scoring probability is calculated to understand better if there is too much affect on some random feature that helps my opponents keeper or maybe my tactics are just total crap.

Here are some of my last matches:

Opponent: Lazio
Away
Shots: 3-64
My shots on target: 54
Goals scored: 2

My attackers:
Maini, shooting skill: 93
Amado, shooting skill: 92
Rocchini, shooting skill: 92

Midfielders and decent defenders:
Vannetti, shooting skill: 91
Jardim, shooting skill: 88
Cardoso(D), shooting skill: 82
Di Micco, shooting skll: 80

Opponent keeper:
Keeping skill 88 (tired)

Opponent: Genoa
Away
Shots: 17-46
My shots on target: 35
Goals scored: 0

My attackers:
Serrapede, shooting skill: 94

Opponent keeper:
Keeping skill 84 (tired)

Opponent: Roma
Home
Shots: 38-9
My shots on target: 34
Goals scored: 1

My attackers:
Amado, shooting skill: 92

Jardim, shooting skill: 88
Di Micco, shooting skll: 80

Opponent keeper:
Keeping skill 87

I try to keep my teams stamina up; around 90 at least, hopefully 95 or better. Most teams I face have a worse stamina than my team.

Do the players have a hidden attribute that affects their level of performance?

How does the shooting distance affect the probability of scoring a goal?

If shooting distance is set to “short” are most shots taken by attackers or does it have other effects?

If distance is “medium”, are then more shots taken also by midfielders?

If “long”, are the defensive midfielders and defenders also shooting more or are just my attackers trying to shoot from a little further away?

I play now 3-4-3, with a diamond formation on the midfield. Changed shooting distance from “long” to “short” a while ago (maybe around season tick, not sure) but did not notice my team scoring more goals. Maybe just a little less shots on goal.

My attackers are now at A -0, should I put them to A1,how would that affect on an estimate? Better quality of shots, better chances to score?

Should I match the A+-0 with the shooting distance? If I have “short” I should put my attackers to A+1 to better match the tactics?

I´m wondering what is my problem now. Are my tactics just crappy or is there a too big affect of some random feature that happens to help the opposing goalkeepers?

Is there something else I haven´t thought about? What I am not understanding here?

I think when I have many +90 shooters on the field and make so many shots on goal, I should be able to score more goals against these 84-88 keepers.

Sorry again for the long post! :-)

October 25, 2007 09:01

301 posts(s)

thats the beauty of this game, these are all questions we ALL are asking ourselves and if we all knew how the game worked then it wouldn’t be much fun now would it? i’ve seen plenty of times myself dominating a team but not getting any goals. i think its a matter of trying out as many things as possible and tracking the results. what makes this tougher is the fact that the game engine might not be fully improved yet …maybe danilo or gabriel can clarify some points without giving up too much info?

October 25, 2007 10:06

124 posts(s)

You´re right.

But maybe they could gain some new ideas when thinkin this over again before renewing the game engine.

And if someone of us has something great in mind, now would be a good chance to start a conversation about it. I am not sure if they already have started working on the game engine but maybe it is not too late.

I don´t personally have those great ideas right now… :-))

October 25, 2007 12:11

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

i will talk a couple things about the shooting distance. if you configure this to long, your team will tend to risk more shots even if the goal is not that near. of course that more distance implies in more difficulty to score.
Depending on your tactic, if you encourage your team to risk long shots they may waste good chances to pass the ball and create better goal situations. it is the famous “rivaldo” effect. :)
On the other hand, if you configure this to short and your players suck at passing, you may never shoot at all!
Phew, can you imagine the possibilities that we will have when we extend the tactics screen ? :D

October 25, 2007 12:24

124 posts(s)

I am already in trouble with the tactics. Can´t wait when more possibilities will be there. :D

October 25, 2007 12:51

637 posts(s)

Wait a while with more possibilities please. I have just found the right tactics after 2 seasons of searching. :-) Then I can search again. :s

No just joking. It would be even more fun to search the best tactics. I can’t wait…

October 25, 2007 13:18

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

When we have a more complex tactics screen our job will become easier in the match engine and the managers ability to configure a good strategy will have more influence in the match results.

Forums General