Forums General

Season 87 and lessons learnt

Subscribe to Season 87 and lessons learnt 4 post(s), 2 voice(s)

April 24, 2019 02:47

228 posts(s)

Hi,
I was in the English Premier League, got demoted in Season 85, promoted in Season 86, and now I have finished in the Champions League for Season 87.

The season I was in the lower English Championship League, I ran the season in 4 game chunks. I tried out all of the formations I had been using, really found that some just did not work. In fact, I was surprised that I was able to get promoted.

From a tactics and player positioning perspective, I have not been able to identify how the variations impact games.

My players have remained pretty much the same over these past 3 seasons. Only as slightly worse keeper, and a better midfielder is all I have been able to achieve. I still have not worked out how to integrate young players into my senior squad without sacrificing wins.

Even after all of these years, I am still addicted to soccersim. Thanks for keeping it up and running.

April 24, 2019 03:48

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Interesting perspective! Just a small correction, this is not soccersim and was not even built on top of it. Soccersim was just an inspiration for us to create our own game when that one went offline :-D

April 24, 2019 06:04

228 posts(s)

Thank you. I’d definitely play a full season in the 2nd league again purely for more testing.

Ahh, ok. I played soccersim back in 2000, totally addicted to it, then 1 day it just turned off omg. Let me know if you ever think of turning this thing off jeez.

April 24, 2019 07:11

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Very unlikely, only if EVERYONE leave ;-)

Forums General