Forums General

Wages renew

Subscribe to Wages renew 5 post(s), 4 voice(s)

February 08, 2019 05:21

228 posts(s)

Hi,
the vote was interesting, I would say that players who are 36+ should not be expecting wages the same as they got in their prime. Significantly less wages, and 1 or 2 year contracts.

February 08, 2019 06:35

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Yeah, I guess the question was a bit simplistic, but I always try to get straight to a specific point with them as there is not a lot of room for explanations. Even if we change that little thing there is certainly a lot of room for improvement in terms of player contract negotiation and what you mentioned in terms of having different wage and contract length expectations at different ages is definitely one of them.

February 18, 2019 13:46

803 posts(s)

How were the vote counts?

I really think this should go ahead, to try and stop some crazy wages we sometimes see, every time there’s 4 or 5 teams bidding on a player I simply look away because one of them is probably giving a 500k wage… They can only do that because they can lower that 500k to half in one or two seasons…

February 18, 2019 23:11

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’ve published it in the Poll Results topic, but basically the option to disallow wage reduction won. I’ve also published what the rules will be like in our Facebook page, here they are:

- players currently in your team when the new rules come into effect will still accept wage reductions as per existing rules
- new players hired by human managed teams will NOT accept wage reduction when renewing the contract; the only exceptions to this rule are if the player lose skills or lose stars
- new players hired by CPU managed teams WILL accept wage reduction
- players will accept wage reductions when being transferred between teams

I will also include alert messages about it in the contract offer and negotiations screens.

I have some additional ideas to change the way competing bids work so that smaller clubs always have a chance, but I won’t get into much detail on that before finishing the new wage reduction rules (development well underway).

February 19, 2019 11:31

639 posts(s)

Donator

Good change!

Forums General