Forums General

Playing out of position

Subscribe to Playing out of position 4 post(s), 3 voice(s)

May 22, 2018 13:44

228 posts(s)

Hi,
I am just wondering how a player is penalised when they are used in the wrong position?

For example, in a 5-5-0 formation, where all the Attackers are in M/+1 rather than in A/-1 ?

Thanks,

May 22, 2018 14:10

157 posts(s)

My understanding is that a player loses 3 points in every skill if playing out of position. If he is playing as -1, 0 or +1 is indifferent

Of course, if a player has 2 possible positions (DA, DM or MA) he can play in either without any penalty

A penalty also applies to sides (L, C, R), but if I recall correctly the penalty increases (1, 2, 3 points) the further from the original side the player is. Again, there are players with 2 potential sides (LR, LC, RC)

May 23, 2018 01:02

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Fabio got the numbers right, I just wanted to add that if you play an attacker at M+1 and give him instructions to move forward when with/without the ball he’ll be effectively playing as A-1, and while he is there there will be no penalties. For example if you only tell him move forward when with the ball he will be penalised only when the opponent has the ball.

May 23, 2018 02:08

228 posts(s)

I only ask because I looked at Modena.

Their formation is what i described and they have Won nearly every game using their attackers in the midfield.

Forums General