Forums General

Player negotiations

Subscribe to Player negotiations 7 post(s), 3 voice(s)

April 15, 2018 10:56

637 posts(s)

Hello

Could someone please explain me the negotiation rules of (free) listed players again.

I did a bit on this player with no specific priority. My bid seemed to be higher but he went to Marseille. How is this possible?

“From: Assistant 
Subject: Negotiation failed 

Maximino Cantina has rejected your contract proposal (wage: $77,335). He was hired by Marseille (wage: $65,000)."

If he had a priority I would understand.
Does someone has an explanation?

Dirk

April 15, 2018 14:10

637 posts(s)

Seriously…. :-/
“Thiago Guerra has rejected your contract proposal (wage: $210,000). He was hired by Inter (wage: $144,886).”

April 15, 2018 20:24

38 posts(s)

Because main priority for the players is chance for play in the first squad, wage is the next one priority.
So teams with poor squad and low money have big chance to recruit good players for free.

April 16, 2018 04:57

637 posts(s)

I know but I have a C class team now. I do think Inter is way better at the moment and has better strikers.

April 16, 2018 07:53

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

There is also the “hiring bonus” star players that can add up to it pretty nicely. Some people disregard these types of star players but I’ve seen what they can do multiple times in the past when people asked about why they’ve lost the bid for a particular player. I haven’t check in your case Dirk but I’d bet it is related to that as well.

April 16, 2018 11:07

637 posts(s)

Thanks Gabriel. This explains a lot. I didn’t know the impact is that big.
Another example:
“Nórton Nobre has rejected your contract proposal (wage: $227,000). He was hired by KV Oostende (wage: $114,160).”

Can a hiring bonus overrule a difference of more than 100k? Makes it almost impossible for small teams to hire players of the free transferlist.
I already regret I sold my key players. :-)

April 18, 2018 00:14

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

In some cases it can. Basically the game calculates a factor based on how much you offered and how much the player wants. For example, if he wants 50k and you offer 100k this factor is 2. Then this factor is modified by the player priority (which can add or subtract 1 from it) and also by the hiring bonus star, which has no limit at the moment (we simply add up all bonuses).

Sometimes I think we need to do something to benefit smaller teams to try and give a chance to everyone and also pose a challenge to the top managers.

Forums General