Forums General

player traits

Subscribe to player traits 21 post(s), 8 voice(s)

February 08, 2018 10:30

102 posts(s)

Hi guys

The addition of player trait does add a bit of extra flavour to the game. None the less it’s very sad to see talented players develop: “Uses more stamina per match” late in their careers. It more or less spoils them. I’m sure I’m not the only one experiencing this. Perhaps the frequency with which the different traits appear could be discussed and perhaps adjusted?

/Alexander

February 09, 2018 04:40

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Happy to hear other opinions about this. For now the frequency of each of the different traits is exactly the same. Probably that trait is one of the most annoying ones, but I have had (and still have) quite a few players in the squad with that trait and it is still manageable (if you have reasonable subs). Other traits could have a bigger impact without people realising. For example, if you’re an A team in a league full of lower class teams a trait saying “Player worse against teams with a class lower than his team class” will give him between 1 and 3 points penalty in every skills against most of your league opponents.

February 10, 2018 10:03

639 posts(s)

Donator

I don’t have a problem with that trait. If he is good, I use him in my CL squad. If he isn’t that good, then I don’t need him that often :)

March 08, 2018 03:47

227 posts(s)

Yes Dimitri, of course.

However, if you just paid 30 million for a player and he develops awful traits, then you are going to feel ripped off.

March 09, 2018 10:36

639 posts(s)

Donator

Well, that’s one risk of paying 30 million for a young player. Another risk is that he doesn’t develop as much as you hope for. Same happens in real life…

August 01, 2018 17:30

637 posts(s)

I am rebuilding my team and 5 players developed the treat ‘uses more stamina’. Quite frustrating if 2 are keyplayers and a 3th one could become one.
Can I get one more substitution? :-)

August 02, 2018 05:22

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

That trait is really annoying :-)
I’ve been thinking if some players should randomly not have a negative trait and some others no trait at all.

August 02, 2018 06:41

296 posts(s)

I actually refuse to buy players with the use more stamina per match trait, unless it’s on a free.

August 02, 2018 08:31

38 posts(s)

Traits "More likely to get injured or “More likely to receive cards” sounds much worse for me.

August 02, 2018 10:30

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

I’ve been burned with “more likely to get injured” before…had a great player that was always getting injured, either during training or matches.

August 03, 2018 10:52

227 posts(s)

Negative traits take a negative hit on my happiness. I’ve posted about this before, but paying heaps of money for a great player, only to see them develop a terrible negative trait is devastating.

I do not understand why everyone needs an extra negative thing taken out of them. It is not necessary.

Develop positive traits only is great, such a boost.

August 03, 2018 14:53

38 posts(s)

Negative traits are ok. Even in real life perfect players doesn’t exist.
So Goal FC is a very realistic game! :)

August 03, 2018 16:56

157 posts(s)

There are worse traits. To me “plays worse against worse class/best class teams” (depending on your team level) and “plays worse on international cups” are the most dreaded ones

August 06, 2018 07:09

637 posts(s)

I was wondering why there isn’t a trait “plays better/worse against teams of same class”.
Could be a nice one for A teams competing each other.

I mean if you are an A team and you have a player with the trait players better/worse against better team this trait is neutralised because there aren’t such teams right?

August 06, 2018 07:17

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

You’re absolutely right Dirk, I’ll make sure we add this trait in future players.

October 19, 2018 09:09

637 posts(s)

I was wondering why my player Isco (Juan Garcia) hasn’t developed a positive trait?
He’s almost 27yo. He should reach his potential reasonably young and is still improving.

https://goalfc.net/game/player_info/921510

October 19, 2018 22:23

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Traits are randomly associated with a player evolution step, so it can happen on the first or last improvement as well. What is his next step? With 27 y.o. and that profile he could’ve reached potential, but if he hasn’t it just means the steps weren’t completed quick enough or there are some tough steps yet to be completed (e.g. national squad or man of the match).

October 21, 2018 05:22

637 posts(s)

I see. He still has to play out of his home country. I’ll wait for a good positive trait. :-)

October 29, 2018 06:53

227 posts(s)

Bad at saving penalty kicks. Really? Is this necessary?
FFS

October 29, 2018 10:54

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

I’ve seen people lose cups due to this trait :-)

October 31, 2018 19:08

296 posts(s)

Some keepers in real life have been known to be useless at saving penalties!

Forums General