Forums General

Small Country Chances

Subscribe to Small Country Chances 3 post(s), 3 voice(s)

April 18, 2016 07:42

228 posts(s)

Hi,
I have run a team in a small country for many seasons now. I have built up a powerhouse. However, I continually get beaten by inferior teams from big countries. I’ve been shocked at some of the results over many seasons.

Each group of players in my team matches up favourably with the significant majority of clubs in the game.

Is it just that my tactics and strategy is terrible? I dont think that I suck, I do great in the National League and National Cups and my Manager Ranking is consistently high.

Going to a big country and building up a new team from scratch is going to take too long. Especially with the way scouting works now. tbh, there’s only 1 team I would be interested in, but its always got a manager and looks to be a bit of a mess. Even if it becomes available, I dont know how to sell players. Nor scout for new talent as efficiently as I used to be able to do.

Regards,
Hounddog

April 18, 2016 08:35

639 posts(s)

Donator

I just sold 15 players in two ticks (Veendam, MT). But maybe that’s a bonus when you start to manage a club?

April 18, 2016 12:58

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

@Hounddog there is no specific advantage for big country teams when playing against small country ones, the only thing that counts is player quality and tactics. Playing against CPU teams is very different from playing against good managers. When playing in Croatia in FastTicker a few seasons ago I consistently won the league and national cup but could never progress much on CL. I’m not saying your tactics and strategy are terrible, I’m sure they’re not otherwise even CPU teams would beat you :-)

The new scouting system generated some mixed feelings but it will probably remain for now, we don’t want to continuously change the same thing (unless it’s clearly broken) as we have other important things to improve. I can’t say much about selling players in MediumTicker as I’ve just recently come back to it. I’ve sold a few players but had to fire a couple as no teams seemed interested. Selling towards the end of the season can be harder as lots of teams may have exhausted their transfer budget.

Anyway, we’re in the same country now and I’m curious to see how next season will go and how much of a challenge CL will be. Just be nice to the “newcomer” ;-)

Cheers

Forums General