Forums General

Contract offers to non-listed players

Subscribe to Contract offers to non-listed players 3 post(s), 2 voice(s)

February 27, 2016 04:12

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Given the latest poll results announced this week I’ve started working on allowing contract offers to be made to players that are not transfer listed and I’ve created this topic to outline how I believe it should work and collect feedback from others to influence the way we implement it. The basic idea is to give managers the chance to go after that star player that will never go to the transfer market and let the player decide whether it is a good move for him or not. We also need to make sure there is a balance on how making offers to non listed players affect the morale of the target player and the morale of your own players.

These are the main ideas I have so far:

• Expand on the current morale idea (which is based solely on match participation) into player happiness based on a number of different factors (wage, matches, teammates, etc)
  • Allow expression of interest against a player. This is not a formal offer but it is a lighter way of try and affect the player happiness so he may decide to leave his club. This can be ignored by the player if he has no intention of leaving his current club to go to yours.
  • Allow direct transfer proposal to a non listed player. This will be a more aggressive way of affecting the player happiness but it may also have a greater negative impact on your own players. This again can be ignored by the player.
  • Allow managers to make contract renewal offers to their own players at any point after 72 turns of the last signing. This will be one of the ways to improve your player happiness and also defend against transfer offers. Contract renewal logic will also change so that the new wage is effective immediately instead of after the current contract ends.

It will be tough to make CPU clubs react and actively participate in this new idea, but I’ll give my best to make it happen. If you have any comments or suggestions please reply to this topic, your idea may even make it to the final cut version ;-)

Cheers

August 02, 2016 09:12

227 posts(s)

Hi,

so does this mean that my weekly contract to the player must be great for him to consider moving?

Do I need to care about the Transfer fee that I offer? Does it have to be just his current value?

Regards,

August 02, 2016 22:08

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

The actual offer you make (wage and transfer amount) has no influence over the player’s decision, but I recognise it should. Currently all that matters is how your team compares to the player’s current team in each of the five status areas. In the case of match participation and wage the player looks into how often similar players are used in your team in comparison to how much he is currently used and what is the wage of similar players in your team in comparison to his current team.

The only reason why the offer doesn’t matter (it definitely should) is because it is not a real commitment and people could try to exploit the system making absurd offers just to disrupt some good players from opponents. We may revisit that in the future to tie your offer somehow and force you to buy the player in case he accepts, but even then I can see some troubling scenarios, but that could be handled by punishing abusers.

Forums General