Forums General

Player Improve System

Subscribe to Player Improve System 26 post(s), 7 voice(s)

February 05, 2016 18:17

7 posts(s)

Hi all!

I’m a bit disappointed with the new system after reasonable ticks have passed. One of key points of this game was your ability to identify and develop young players… and now I have a lot of young players who didn’t improve even playing official matches after having messages like “has a lot potential left”.

I think something is wrong with the new system, or at least, something need to be adjusted…

Thanks all!!

February 05, 2016 22:41

296 posts(s)

Adding a question in here too, do we still get mails for player skill improvement?

February 05, 2016 23:49

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

@Joseppi: yes, you still get emails for player improvement

@Roberto: in the old system all players developed in the same way, faster when in the youth academy (on average 8 times per season) and slower after that (on average 4 times per season) until they reached their peak, which usually happened between 23 and 25 years old. It was very predictable and not very realistic. In the new system players will reach their peak at different ages, some even on their 30s, but the number of times they improve during their career is still roughly the same so it means on average they will improve less times per season than before. The player Evolution Profile tells you when you can expect the player to improve faster or slower and the Full Potential report tells you whether the player reaches his peak younger or older. This should give you an idea on what to expect in terms of number of improvements per season. If your evolution stage tells you the player has a lot to improve check what the Next Step report says. It may tell you the player will not improve again this season, no matter what you do, or it may tell you that the player still benefits from training, so no need to play him in official matches…it may even tell you the player needs to play international matches, so no need to use him in league matches if you don’t want as he won’t benefit from it in terms of evolution.

All in all I believe the new system makes developing players more interesting, but of course we can tweak it if needed. It will take some time for managers to get a real feel of the new system effects because most of the existing players had already reached their peak when it was introduced, that’s why we reduced players skills by 5 to try and speed up this process.

Please feel free to shoot us more questions or suggestions.

April 26, 2016 12:47

157 posts(s)

I have an Argentine player for which I got the following report:

“This player needs to play for a team in the top 3 countries or in a country that is at least 3 positions above his home country. Recommended coach level: 9”

I am in Paraguay (ranked 4th best country) and Argentina is ranked 10. For what I understand this player should improve by playing for my team (coaching 10) because Paraguay is more than 3 positions above Argentina, correct?

April 26, 2016 12:53

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

That’s correct Fabio. It was hard to come up with the appropriate wording for this coach report, I’m glad you got it right…hehe.

April 26, 2016 21:08

157 posts(s)

Thanks!

If I were not in a country 3 ranks above Argentina, however, there was nothing I could do to guarantee he would be loaned to such a country, right? The only think I can ask for is a country ranked above (at least 1 position) the player’s home country (plus I cannot ask for a minimum coaching level)

This is not a suggestion or complaint, I am really just checking

April 27, 2016 05:49

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

When you add a loan clause of a higher ranked country it will cater exactly for that requirement of top 3 countries or at least 3 positions above the player home country. Regarding the coaching level it will user your team’s coach level, not the level of the loaning team. I know, it doesn’t make sense but I wanted to simplify things for now.

May 09, 2016 22:46

639 posts(s)

Donator

“This player needs to get a man of the match award. "

Does MotM in a friendly count for this, or only official matches?

May 10, 2016 00:17

37 posts(s)

Just a guess: Friendlies do not count anymore …

May 10, 2016 11:59

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Dr. Gullit is right, it needs to be in an official match. You’ve got a tough one, I have a player in MediumTicker with the same and I don’t think he’ll ever get MotM :-P

May 10, 2016 22:16

639 posts(s)

Donator

So can there be a team requirement ‘totally sucks’ for loaning players?

May 11, 2016 12:35

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Hahaha, I suppose that would be an interesting option. I’ll add to our list and see what we can come up with.

May 24, 2016 23:37

157 posts(s)

What is the impact of player’s ability to handle pressure?

Is it something like players with poor ability lose 3 skill points when playing away matches, players with good ability lose 0-1 pts?

May 28, 2016 14:56

157 posts(s)

Gabriel, comments to my previous post?

May 29, 2016 11:19

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

You almost got it right, the maximum penalty is still 3 points but the minimum is 1, not 0.

May 29, 2016 12:01

157 posts(s)

Thanks!

September 01, 2016 19:22

639 posts(s)

Donator

“This player needs to play for his national squad. "

This means that if I am the manager of this national squad, I can select my own player to improve him (and it would be the logical thing to do).

Is this ok?

September 02, 2016 05:28

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

This is ok Dimitri, I’d do it as well in your place :-)

September 22, 2016 17:58

637 posts(s)

I have a young goalkeeper Roberto Leiro.

When I bought him he was scouted as a 94+ potential goalkeeper. After 1 season his potential only was 87 according to the coach report. Previous season I did an coach report again and his potential was 97 – 99. THis season he’s potential had decreased again to 85 – 90.

I know the coach report is more accurate when the player becomes older and reaches his full potential but how is it possible you have such a big differences?

I would understand he is scouted as 94 but the scout was too enthusiastic so he only will reach 87. These differences with Leiro look strange too me.

September 23, 2016 13:00

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

I agree with you, they are varying too much, especially in the early stages of player development. I should also probably point out scout reports were too optimistic sometimes because they were not taking into account how much the player had already improved in the current season, that’s been fixed 1 or 2 weeks ago. In any case, I’ll add a task to our list to make the coach reports less crazy.

September 23, 2016 21:32

296 posts(s)

I’d like to add in the fact some players don’t become good until they are 30, I have some players who are destined to be very good but are not improving at all and are now 25! I can deal with the player not getting to his max potential before 30 but it’s costing me money to keep him for 10 years hoping he is going to be very good for 5 years!

If this makes sense lol

September 25, 2016 05:42

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

I can see a few options here:

1) Do not allow profiles where the player improves more as he gets older when his max potential will only be achieved in his 30s. This way you would have just a few improvements left and have a decent player earlier on in this scenario.

2) Wait for the Youth Development investment area that we have planned (but not confirmed yet) and see how we can use that to address this issue

3) Add the ability to use your coaching department to try and accelerate player development by changing his evolution profile

For now you can decide it is not worth keeping such players because of the risk, it is understandable. I have one player that was like that and I had to be very patient to get him to where he is today…still think it was worth it. Have a look at Ronaldo Angelim in Flamengo, FastTicker :-)

September 25, 2016 05:44

637 posts(s)

You should take a satellite team who loan and develop the player for 10years . They pay his wage and when he’s ready you call him back. ;-)

September 25, 2016 11:16

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

That’s actually an interesting idea to be explored in the future :-D

October 12, 2016 19:22

637 posts(s)

I know players could decrease skills after 31 yo but I find it strange to see a striker (Aitor Savaldor) decrease since he only reached his potential on 30 yo.
Wouldn’t it be more realistic these players only loose skills after 34 yo for instance but maybe faster then normal.

October 13, 2016 12:20

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

I think it makes sense. The thing is when I changed the evolution system I only changed the improvement logic, not the logic that makes the players start to lose skills. I’ll add a task to review this and make it variable depending on how old the player reaches his peak.

Forums General