Forums General

Recent changes

Subscribe to Recent changes 10 post(s), 5 voice(s)

November 29, 2015 16:04

637 posts(s)

I have a couple of questions about the changes in the game recently. For some I asume the answer is somewhere on the forum but I couldn’t find it.

- Does a player unlock 100% of his potential ( in case of 10 coaching department) without playing a single match?
I know he gets development points for every turn and it will take longer before he improves but will he unlock all he’s skills. If so, I think it’s too easy. You need to do something yourself as manager.
In the past I had a formula to spot talented youngsters, now we don’t have a clue and it’s all based on the scouting department.

- Could a player who got for instance a golden star 3 season ago get a golden star once again or does he first have to lose a star for 5 seasons until he had 1 bronze star?

- In my opinion most teams win their home games and can’t win away. For instance in CL Sporting had won home 3-0 and lost away 5-0. It’s nice you does still have a chance to fight back but home advantage is too big. It isn’t realistic to me.

November 29, 2015 16:32

296 posts(s)

I agree with the home and away matches. You need a GK with 98+ keeping and speed to be winning anything! If they have 3 gold stars they are far too good. My team in medium tick is suffering because of a average GK.

November 30, 2015 00:18

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

In the current system a player may unlock 100% of his potential without playing a single match. That is unrealistic and the plan is to change that so each player will unlock a different percentage of his potential by doing different activities, such as training, playing matches, playing abroad, playing in the national squad (maybe), playing international competitions, etc.

A player can get a golden star again at any point, he can even keep his golden star for more than one season if he deserves.

You just gave me an idea regarding home advantage. I think each player could have a different maximum penalty when playing away matches, representing how much he feels the pressure.

We’ve known for some time now that a good keeper is too important in the game and the main reason to me is the number of shots that happen in some matches. Maybe the ball is getting to the goal too quickly? :-)
If we change that aspect of the match engine we need to reduce the keeper importance or maybe add a factor to get him “tired” when defending tricky shots so if you have good attackers even a great keeper will have a hard time being the match hero.

November 30, 2015 16:29

157 posts(s)

Too many good players around…building a good squad is no longer a differential

Fast has been like that for over 5 seasons. You see people selling +95 Keepers as if they were rubbish.

The same is starting to happen on Medium (what happened 3 ticks ago was ridiculous…80 players of my hotlisted players were listed)

My suggestion is revert to the way it was in the past: players only improve if they play.

Only thing is that computer teams should play friendlies against other computer teams to ensure their players also improve, even if much more slowly…other than that, I preferred the old system…

November 30, 2015 21:54

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Yep, I raised that issue a few months ago and even created a poll to reduce player skills overall, but the majority voted saying it was good as it was, to just fix it long term. This was a result of a change done a long time ago to allow lower ranked countries to eventually generate good players. What happened them is that only these good players “survived”, increasing the number of good players overall.

I’ll tackle this issue pretty soon, I just want to do one more change prior to that related to how mentality and individual tactics affect the player behaviour during the match. Once that is out I’ll address this player skill issue by doing the following:

- players will not reach their maximum potential without playing, the way to reach their maximum potential will be a mix of things unique to the player that may include training, playing official matches, playing abroad, playing in the national squad, playing against better teams, etc
- add variability to the player evolution model…currently all players have a linear evolution and it is relatively easy to determine whether a player has reached his potential. We need different types of players, some that evolve quickly when young and they stop, some that only start evolving when getting older, some that evolve linearly, etc
- enhance coaching and scouting to match the new model

December 01, 2015 10:58

296 posts(s)

Fabio has made an excellent point, finding great outfield players is really easy now. We need this to change, I feel I’m barely searching for good young players now as there are so many good players just sitting waiting to be bought!

Edit: I’d just like to say I think you are both doing an excellent job on the game recently, it is moving in the right direction! :)

December 01, 2015 20:24

157 posts(s)

Agree with Joseppi’s edit!

December 03, 2015 02:44

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Thanks guys, appreciate the support! If you “Like” our Facebook page you already now that I’m currently designing the new player evolution model. I had a chat with Danilo today about it and we have most of the idea consolidated.

It’s going to take a while to fully develop it but it is definitely going to be worth it. Managers need to be prepared to see all their existing player skills reduced slightly once the new model is in place. This is required to reduce the number of exceedingly good players and feel the effects of the new model quicker.

December 03, 2015 15:35

639 posts(s)

Donator

Are you planning to make the players evolution profiles secret, public, or scoutable?

December 03, 2015 21:20

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’ll change the role of coaching to give you feedback and insights into player evolution instead of directly affecting evolution pace. Similarly to the way you request a scout report for a player you will be able to request a coach report for your own players. This will report will contain two basic pieces of information: how far is your player into his evolution and what you should do to help him improve.

We haven’t finalised the design for this coach report just yet and what influence the coaching level will have, if it will influence accuracy and/or the time it takes to generate the report and/or level of detail. In general lines the coach could tell you something like this for a player:

John Doe still has quite a lot to improve. He would benefit from playing in a higher ranked country for some time, we should loan him out.

Forums General