Forums General

This is getting ridiculous!

Subscribe to This is getting ridiculous! 9 post(s), 4 voice(s)

October 10, 2007 23:40

5 posts(s)

Plz set up better the simulator or this game won´t have any future:

Alicante 0×5 Salamanca
53% possession 47%
22 shots 16

Alicante 0×0 Alavés
61% possession 39%
52 shots 3

Eibar 0×0 Alicante
39% possession 61%
3 shots 56

Barcelona 0×0 Alicante
45% possession 55%
10 shots 34

Alicante 0×0 Tenerife
57% possession 43%
39 shots 3

Alicante 0×0 Ejido
58% possession 42%
27 shots 10

Alicante 15×0 Xerez

Xerez´s goalier gets an average rating of 9,9 after conceeding 15 goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Albacete 2×17 Alicante

Albacete´s goalier gets a 9,5 after conceeding 17 goals!!!

October 11, 2007 06:51

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I have the feeling that if we have used statistics to generate the results instead of simulating the match most of the users would be happier. We chose the hardest path (simulate the match) so we can have a match replay feature in the future and have a better control of how different formations and player skills affect the results. The bad thing is that it takes much longer to have realistic results, even though we’re already getting some. Here’s what could have happened on those matches:

Match against Salamanca: their shots may have come from good strikers, so even shooting less they were more effective

Alavés, Eibar, Barcelona, Tenerife, Ejudo: Again, players with low shooting may be taking most of the shots

Xerez and Albacete: The keeper rating was high because he defended lots of shots, we’ll give a higher penalty when lots of goals are conceded

We are aware that the match simulation is critical for the game success and we’ll continuously improve it. Sometimes it’s just hard to find enough free time to do it faster as we have full time jobs and family that needs our attention. The game is free and we have no intention of going pay-to-play. Please be patient Radek and all other users that feel the same way and we promise you’ll have a great game. Being patient doesn’t mean you shouldn’t complain about what you think needs improvement :-)

Cheers.

October 11, 2007 07:52

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

also, again, please remember that this game is very young, and it is BETA!!! for sure it will go better and better with time.

cheers

October 11, 2007 11:28

5 posts(s)

Yes, just wanted to be sure simulator is number 1 thing. I feel it is very important. Some very weird results coming, hehehehehe.
56 shots not scoring is really hard to believe, I guess if I had myself the chance to take 20 shots in a match I would score at least once, goalkeeper is not superman.
I cannot afford to buy players with high shooting, but it should not stop me scoring if I totally control the match. It costed me, taking in count only the matchs I pasted here, 10 points. Imagine real life football. I played against very bad teams there, they don´t have good defense nor good goalier. Even if my strikers are not that good, they would not miss goals from the penalty box, don´t you think?
Of course Van Nilsterooy is able to score “harder” goals than my compatriot Jan Koller, but still Koller can score once out of these many chances provided. Players missing 56 shots would not be even professional footballers…

October 11, 2007 14:15

75 posts(s)

The match simulation can improve, that’s for sure, but the results can be surprising… I lost the count of how many matches I saw in real life that the team who were attacking all the time couldn’t score and with a single counter attack, the other team scores… What I’m trying to say is, yes, the simulation can improve, but maybe, if you change a bit your tactics you can be more sucessfully…

Like, you’re having to many shots… maybe you’re asking them to shoot from high distance and that will make the goal harder to score… Don’t know…

A good thing when playing these managers’ game, instead of being pissed off with an error you think the “match engine” has, try to use it in your advantage….

October 11, 2007 14:30

75 posts(s)

“A good thing when playing these managers’ game, instead of being pissed off with an error you think the “match engine” has, try to use it in your advantage….”

But reporting it, as you did, is very important too for a Beta, so the developers can have the feedback… =)

October 11, 2007 19:56

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

“But reporting it, as you did, is very important too for a Beta, so the developers can have the feedback… =)”

I’m glad you said that, otherwise I’d consider you were telling the users to keep our bugs in secret and use them against us! Just kidding man, nice posts.

Cheers.

October 11, 2007 21:00

75 posts(s)

hahaha, sometimes it’s difficult to find the best word in english, so everything has to be well explained hehehehe

if it was portuguese, it would be easier =)

October 12, 2007 09:34

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

For me too :-)

Forums General