Forums General

Economy

Subscribe to Economy 67 post(s), 10 voice(s)

April 08, 2015 06:42

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’ve created this topic to specifically discuss the recent changes in the game economy where the club money was reintroduced into the game. Please leave your feedback here, be it positive or negative. We are mostly concerned about how team’s balance will behave in these early stage.

Cheers

April 08, 2015 09:06

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Initial analysis of cash flow in MediumTicker where we had a league round and a financial period rollout indicates the economy, in general, is in good health. We had an addition of approximately 170 M in club money overall. Of course the real analysis will have to be done over the course of a season, after all we have a period where no official matches are played but clubs still have to pay the players.

April 08, 2015 11:07

13 posts(s)

Hi Gabriel,

So, how does it work now? Is there a thread with all the changes? Are there more ways to make money, like ticket revenue, merchandising, etc?
Thank you for your work!

Cheers,

Paulo

April 08, 2015 11:27

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Hi Paulo, this topic has a summary of the changes, but not in detail. I’ll try to bring back the discussion with Danilo of a better in-game help system, we defintely need that! In a nutshell your team now has a money balance available, you will make money with tickets sold (when playing home matches), sponsorship (based on your team quality at season start), merchandise (based on team’s performance) and selling players. You will spend money with player wages, stadium maintenance and buying players. In the future we may add more ways to earn and spend money. The fixed incomes (sponsor and merchandise) and expenses (player wages and stadium maintenance) happen every 3 turns, and you can check that in the Finance screen.

The main difference between the old system and the new system is that your transfer budget now will be set based on your money balance and your player wages will need to be more carefully managed to make sure you don’t go bankrupt. The wage limit is there but if you use it all there is no guarantee your club will have enough funds to pay wages for too long. You will get the gist of it after a few turns.

Talking about bankuptcy, if you ever reach a point were your balance would become negative, a random player is “sold” by a price close to his estimated value and is removed from the game. If that’s not enough to put you back on positive balance, another player will be sold and so on. If you reach the minimum number of players (I think it’s 14, including at least one GK) and you’re still negative, you will be fired and the team finances will be rebuilt so that the next manager stands a chance.

Hope this helps.

April 08, 2015 11:42

296 posts(s)

Pretty cool! I’m glad to have the money back, was too easy just getting loads of money each year.

At least transfer fees will be realistic from now on.

All seems good so far, nice job!

April 08, 2015 13:19

13 posts(s)

Thanks for the explanation Gabriel!

Cheers and keep up the good work!!

Paulo

April 08, 2015 13:56

639 posts(s)

Donator

Nice to see money back! But does the transfer budget still play a role? And the percentage at ‘Money from players sold added to transfer budget’?

April 08, 2015 14:55

44 posts(s)

As it turned not worth continuing , I prefer to come back as it was before . 300 million my club got 3 million. Wages have not abated . So there was

April 08, 2015 22:20

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

@Dimitri: yes, they both still play their usual roles. The main differemce is that transfer budget will be calculated based on your money instead of having the old crazy high values. I should also mention that stadium level will determine your stadium size as well now.

@chaos: I am sure you will see the benefits of having a money balnce to drive the club finance. It adds a new level of planning amd strategy to the game. The way it was nobody cared much about spending money and selling players was not much worth it. Wages can be adjusted if they prove not be at the right levels yet.

Cheers

April 09, 2015 17:59

157 posts(s)

Gabriel, can you comment on ticket revenue?

What is the ticket price for the different types of matches (friendlies, league, cup, international…)? What is the attendance for each match? What factors can affect those? Does the team we play against have any impact?

I was surprised to see that I had $600k revenue in Medium Tick and only $175k in Fast. Both teams play in Brazil Serie A, both have a 100k stadium size, and in both the Board approval is >95%

Also glad money was introduced!

April 09, 2015 18:34

803 posts(s)

To soon to give you feedback about the changes, but already happy to see you guys back to “work” in RS :D

Cheers!

April 10, 2015 02:44

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

@Fabio: sure thing! So, the ticket price is 10 for all matches, except for club world cup where it is 20. The attendance depends on the type of match, the quality of the teams involved, their position (if league) or competition stage (if cup or international). The home team position and quality has much more influence than the visitor, but both play a role. Oh, for league matches your division matters as well. To sum up:
- League matches will attract more public if the home team is in a good position currently
- Cup matches will attract more public the closest we get to the final

@Filipe: I know it’s too early, just anxious to see how it plays out! I’m also very happy to be back working on the game.

Cheers

April 10, 2015 06:45

228 posts(s)

So do these changes mean that as I have a tiny stadium, I will not be able to get any significant revenue?

My normal club home matches would not draw a big crowd, so does that mean that I have a real limit to how good a squad I can afford?

April 11, 2015 01:04

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

That means stadium plays an important role on your income now, so during investments level selection you should try to get a decent size without aiming too high so that you don’t have to pay too much for maintenance without using the full capacity. The fact that you get less money when you have a not so good squad mimics the real life challenge of turning a small/medium club into a big one. Sometimes you may have to sell a star player to get more money.

If with time we realize such challenge is impossible we’ll make the necessary adjustments ;-)

April 13, 2015 23:06

828 posts(s)

so level 10 = 4m transfer budget. put a max on players transfer price then . make it you cant sell for higher than value.

also if i dont spend this 4m ( pathetic) does that mean next season i retain this ?

( the answer most likely in rubysoccer logic is no)

large stadium, check
transfer budget check

4m

sigh

April 14, 2015 01:49

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

level 10 = 4m transfer budget with the amount of money your team currently has. Remember the transfer budget value is now attached to your money balance, it’s not a separate value you have to spend on players, any players you buy will deduct money from your money balance AND from the transfer budget. Similarly, selling players will add money to the club balance AND to the transfer budget, the difference being that only a % of the sale goes to the budget (determined by the corresponding investment level).

That said, the budget left is not carried over because there is nothing to carry over, it will be re-calculated based on your money balance and the level chosen. Does that answer your question?

Cheers

April 14, 2015 01:50

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Also, player values were reduced to reflect the new reality, if that proves not to be enough we can always adjust them. If money increases in the game over time I’m sure people will start selling players for higher values.

April 14, 2015 06:40

828 posts(s)

that makes zero sense for 3 straight seasons ive recieved 300m and 2 of which i spent nothing of it. yet i start this season with a shitty 14m in club money and a 4m transfer

gabriel your killing this game mate.

your not tackling the problem your compounding it

fix the players values and max someone can be sold. ie make it that no one can be sold past thier player value. make the player values absolute and thats that. no one has any money now and theres fuck all on the market anyway. shit players everywhere

shame managersim doesnt have a fast tick

April 14, 2015 07:58

639 posts(s)

Donator

How did Davison (who would complain no matter what) get that much money?

April 14, 2015 10:36

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Davison, you don’t get it. Face this as a reset on game economy. It was shitty before and we are fixing it by bringing back the money, which is what everyone (including you) wanted. Clubs will not have a lot of money to start with, but with good management (and any necessary adjustments from us) they should improve and be able to afford more players.

Forget about what you had in the past seasons, that was a different economy model that we tested and didn’t work out. At least now I can see some meaningful transfers going on that require more thought into them because money is a finite resource once again. Player values are just estimates, people are free to bid as much as they want (or can afford) on players.

April 14, 2015 19:05

639 posts(s)

Donator

I still wonder: how is it possible that Davison (who is not doing a good job according to the newspaper, so approval rating very low) has more money than my team? I have an approval rating of 95%, very good economy, good results. Just because England has a higher country ranking than The Netherlands?

April 14, 2015 22:27

828 posts(s)

because im a better manager and have saved money and not splurged on shite

and have enough points for investments

April 15, 2015 01:10

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

The logic behind the money given to teams initially was random but constrained to the fact that it should leave the team in a regular economy situation. I’ve seen rich teams that are struggling to make money and small teams that are getting lots of money, so I’m not overly concerned. Overall the money is increasing in the game and soon the initial money loaded won’t matter anymore.

April 15, 2015 09:29

228 posts(s)

Selling players is a mechanism I have not yet worked out how to do properly. I need to get some space for a youth guy coming up, any advice?

April 15, 2015 10:13

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I see you’re currently selling a couple players but they’re not great. I mean, one has awesome secondary skills, which could be attractive, but he’s already 31. The other one is a promising young player, but not everyone is looking for that.

I suppose to begin with it will be only easier to sell great players, but of course you will want to keep them most of the time. Some smaller teams may be interested on average players, especially AI managed teams, but it will depend on what they can afford at the moment. Maybe others can give you better advice as I’m not a great seller myself :-P

April 16, 2015 11:27

639 posts(s)

Donator

Did anything change in buying/selling players and AI teams? I had the idea that in the past some AI team would buy your player if the price was lower than the value. No luck so far with my two decent 21 yr olds though. Or do I just have to be more patient?

Edit: Perhaps I should have, after lowering the price for the fifth time I finally got bids on one of the players :)

April 17, 2015 01:04

157 posts(s)

Had the same issue. I guess no one has the money to go buying players yet

April 18, 2015 10:08

296 posts(s)

Good to see the AI not paying for below average players. I like all the changes so far apart from the transfer budget part. I would rather have just one budget that I have to manage but that’s just my opinion.

Can managers also stop putting stupid transfer values on average players? Most teams have between 3-10million to spend not 15-30mil depending were you look.

April 18, 2015 15:47

828 posts(s)

well the reason i put my players on transfer at such a price is a stab at gabriel so he finally fookn listens and if he wants a player est 4mil then only let him be sold for 4 mil. thats the only way i see any progress. if our budgets are going to be so shitely low then do not allow higher than value sold…however to do so it would take gabriel to finally fix it and not just sticker over hte problem… …thats my opinion

fair enough ?

yup yet still ignored

April 19, 2015 07:24

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

What I don’t understand is why allowing high transfer prices bothers you so much Davison if nobody will pay those prices. Maybe in a few seasons some teams will have that much money and will be willing to spend it on outstanding players, so why put a limit now and remove it or increase it later? The estimated value is just a number to give people a rough idea and a baseline for clubs without managers.

Forums General