Forums General

New Economy Model

Subscribe to New Economy Model 11 post(s), 6 voice(s)

May 05, 2013 18:11

61 posts(s)

Man… You made some weird changes in the economy model! I think you just killed one of the entertainment options you have here….

I think the solution should be much easier… Simply cut some zeros when the world has too much money, and from time to time the lower/medium leveled teams would get some money from investors to equilibrate those teams compared to the best ones ( trained by humans )… Super Rich teams would have to deal with substancial higher wages on players renewels, new players contracts,…

I think we lost something with this new budget model…

Another thing I dont understand…. Every begginning of season now there will be some points to be expent in my team investments?

May 06, 2013 22:30

61 posts(s)

My point is… Its extremelly normal that the economy after 10, 20, 30, 50 seasons changes…. Imagine our world in 50 years…..
So, in my opinion every world should has its own time limit. Lets say 50 seasons for World A… after 50 seasons, goodbye World A! And new world begins, lets say World B… And so on… ( Maybe you could show some stats from closed worlds, and comments about the managers and its achievements on this particular world ).

It`s impossible for a world to last forever and I dont think its fun…

Just make the economy like old soccersim times and let it roll!!!!!!!!!! hahahah and please, think about it

May 08, 2013 11:51

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Thanks for the feedback, Daniel. We’ll certainly think about but for now we need to give the new economy a chance of proving its usefulness. We are still working on adjustments to the investment areas and even thinking about new ones to be added. There are certainly mixed feelings about it, even for us, so we’ll keep the options open to move back to the old system in the future if that proves to be the best option.

Cheers

May 08, 2013 12:45

828 posts(s)

Gabriel can you please explain to me how two managers only willing to sell to eachtother and if the player up for sale is bid on by a different manager than (a certain someone) intended and i winning the bids but the selling manager removes the player from transferlist everying time yet posts straight away even when i bid higher than asking value. how is this NOT cheating ? sounds like someone is cheating. please make a rule that applys if a player is posted on transfer he most remain posted for at least the full 3 ticks so dumb and dumber stop cheating

i dont believe you were the one that deleted my posts if so why ?

and why is one of the suspected cheaters ( rather obvious however) a game master ?

May 08, 2013 14:55

74 posts(s)

i was the one who deleted your posts, Marco ‘D’ Davison. too much misspelling on them, sorry.

but this one is great, i have to say. tell us more about your story, i love it and might sell the cinematographic rights to hollywood if you allow me hehe

ps – Gabriel, you should listen ‘D’ Davison: make new rules for him, please

May 08, 2013 15:44

15 posts(s)

if it´s true, he is right. that is cheating.

May 08, 2013 22:12

61 posts(s)

Thank you for replying Gabriel!

I would like to enumerate a few things about the new model:

1- One of the best things about the international/national cups were the money you get from them…. From home games, from advancing to next round, the money for the title… Is there any privilege for those who win champs now? Or it`s just about having your name as a champion now? Cause for this new model I think there should be something to motivate the managers to win the international/national cups…

2- Every start of season you get new points… Are we always getting new points besides the one we already invested??? Cause if we get new points for every season and still can manipulate the ones we already had, the tendence is to have teams all upgraded to LEVEL 10 and this way the inflation will effect the points, and not the money…

3- But if the points you need to upgrade vary according to your team`s level… the tendence will be everyone to have equal conditions on the begginning of each season, and this way maybe you are discouraging people to spend time on the game…

4- In the old times you could use your money to: BUY/SELL, UPGRADE STADIUMS, YOUTH ACADEMY, ETC… Now its just about buying and selling players, and even so, people will preffer to coach and discover new stars cause there wont be many of them in the market anymore…

I just want to understand a little bit more about this new system, and give some ideas to improve it… Cause I got 2 feelings about it right now… Or it`s going to have a points inflation or it`s not going to encourage people to spend time ingame anymore as every season " is a new start ".

May 09, 2013 08:03

340 posts(s)

Well, that is a way of cheating, both managers should be fired from their clubs on the first occasion, on the second time, from the game.

Gabriel and Danilo, you have to introduce verification , like the facebook verification, so cheaters won’t create several accounts.
It’s going to take so much longer to do a new FB account and get new friends etc..

This is kind of thing that happened a lot back in the SS days as well.

If this really is cheating or not it has to do with the type of game you want to do with RS, if it’s like farming simulator, then managers will decide to whom and only if they want to sell to certain manager. Period. If you want to do a football sim game, then the HIGHEST BID wins, then the player decides where he goes. Since players in RS do not decide, then the highest bid wins.

To stop this meanwhile you do the player decision logic. Manager should not be able to take back the player when put on transfer list too quickly and ALSO give the players MORALE/STAMINA damage EACH time they are put on Transfer list. Doing it too often will harm you, that is the idea.

/BK

May 09, 2013 09:16

74 posts(s)

i must agree with Berhan. fire those managers. ‘D’ Davison, who are they? :)

May 09, 2013 09:47

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

I will ignore the sarcasm from Davison and Rui and reply to Berhan. This is not cheating per se but I agree we should not allow a player to be removed from the transfer list before he has spent at least 6 tunrs in there I’d say. And yes, once we have morale putting a player on transfer list will definitely affect it.

Now, BACK TO THE TOPIC’S SUBJECT…Daniel, some clarifications:

1- I can see 2 motivations to have a good performance and win competitions: have your name in there and securing more board points for the following season.

2- You’re not always getting new points besides the one already invested. Every season the game calculates how many points your team will have and give them to you. If they are equal or greater than the previous season you will see all your investments at the same level as before, plus any additional points available to be spent. If the new number of points is less than what you had in the previous season the game will randomly decrease levels from your investment areas until they get to a level suitable to your new total number of board points. Any extra points after this process will be displayed as available to be spent. As you can see it always looks like you are getting additional points, but in some cases your investment levels may have been automatically reduced from one season to the other. Too confusing? :-)

3- The points you need to upgrade do not vary according to your team’s level, the upgrades cost the same to all teams and the number of points distributed to each team depends exclusively in the team’s finishing positions in each competition in the previous season, the team’s country ranking and the remaining transfer budget from the previous season.

4- Not much to say about this one, I must agree the money aspect of the game has lost most of its purpose with the change, but at the same time the board points system added a new dimension to the game.

I’m not defending the new system, just clarifying its mechanics ;-)

Cheers

May 13, 2013 20:52

61 posts(s)

Thanks again for the reply Gabriel, now that you explained a little bit more about the new economy I understand your idea better… I still think the old way is better, but we should give a chance to the new model =)

Forums General