Forums General

Tablet/ IPhone formationchange

Subscribe to Tablet/ IPhone formationchange 15 post(s), 8 voice(s)

April 18, 2013 12:34

11 posts(s)

I don’t know if its been brought up already, but you can play RS perfectly on a touchscreen in the form of
an IPhone or IPad, but the only thing you cannot chance is chance a player in your formation. Does anyone have
a solution that might help, or could this be resolved?

Thanks in forward!

Ewoudos

April 18, 2013 12:42

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Not sure if someone else’s got a solution, but we are aware of this limitation. I’ve recently experienced the game in a tablet and it looks really nice, except for the useless drag and drop. A solution we might have to implement while we don’t have a full mobile version is an alternative formation screen for mobile devices with selection boxes for the positions.

April 18, 2013 12:52

11 posts(s)

lol, thanks for the quick reply and yes, besides the drag and drop it works really perfect. The reason for me is a vacation coming up and I don’t want to bring
my heavy laptop with me, but rather prefer a light Ipad mini… oh,oh, the troubles in this materialistic world… ;-p

April 19, 2013 00:17

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

I will try changing the javascript framework we use in there for something else, its been a while since our last tech update. That will take a little bit of time, but it may fix the problem.

April 19, 2013 12:11

803 posts(s)

The selection boxes Gabriel mentioned would be nice for while, sometimes I need to make small changes in the formation sceen but can get to a computer to do them. If you think it is simple to do while you dont have that other java thing, this simpler screen would be much appreciated :D

Cheers

April 24, 2013 15:50

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

I have invested some time in upgrading the whole framework (not only the javascript) behind rubysoccer. as part of this effort, I’m also upgrading the javascript framework. there’s still a fair amount of work to be done, but the good news is that dragging and dropping seems to be working well on touch devices after the upgrade. My iphone 3gs has an unbearable bad performance and too much lag with the draggable object animations, but my wife’s samsung galaxy s2 works well enough. I don’t have an ipad, but I assume it would work awesomely well in it (I will test). I don’t think there is a point in bothering too much about obsolete phones like mine, as when upgrading I’m trying to cater for the future :)

anyway, I will only put this on the server after I am finished with the whole effort.

April 25, 2013 12:26

301 posts(s)

great news danilo!

April 25, 2013 19:43

609 posts(s)

On my iphone 4 (fully updated) it doesn’t work. It wants to move the screen around all the time.

(is it even live?)

April 25, 2013 21:39

803 posts(s)

I believe Danilo mentioned the game enviroment where they test the improvments. Its not “online” yet.

April 26, 2013 00:49

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

that is correct. it is not online yet!

April 26, 2013 13:54

11 posts(s)

Good work Danilo! Thanks for that!

April 27, 2013 08:57

11 posts(s)

Both Ipad and Iphone are working with the drag and drop system in formations! Only thing you have to do is drag the symbol of the player you would like to change and not the playername, again very good job Danilo!!

April 27, 2013 16:25

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Awesome! cheers

May 05, 2013 17:00

61 posts(s)

you should think about making an app for rubysoccer, even if its just a link to the site… Advertising the game in the apple/android world could make it easier for people to get to know rubysoccer and you could get more members.

May 06, 2013 06:46

639 posts(s)

Donator

Or a facebook app. I’m sure it would be done already if Danilo and Gabriel would have a lot more time and money :)

Forums General