Forums General

Wage Negotiations or why is everyone a shark?

Subscribe to Wage Negotiations or why is everyone a shark? 9 post(s), 6 voice(s)

April 17, 2013 06:02

340 posts(s)

Come on, it’s silly a player refusing a wage that is 2 dollars less than the proposed/wanted wage?!
Please fix this, it shouldn’t take too many minutes.

/BK

ps. just in case you do not understand what I mean, when negotiating wages, player will not accept anything less than exactly what they want. Right now I am haggling over 2 dollars. One could say I am stupid to try but it’s just so silly they won’t accept a wage 2 dollars less of what they want, specially if we are talking about a wage around 42225 offered vs 42227 wanted. What is the logic there?

April 17, 2013 06:24

678 posts(s)

sorry dude, but yes it’s stupid to try this. Why bother over 2 dollars? Sorry but I find this to be a silly post. I’m sure you got plenty left in your budget. Besides, as a person you have to draw the line somewhere :)….and make a point! It’s the players right to refuse your offer, even if it’s just 2 dollars….

I recall in the early day’s having a player listed for 70 mill. I made a deal with another manager. This was alot of money 60 seasons ago. I had a guy offering 69 mill, and he said “I never offer the full amount for players on TL”. Now I know, what’s 1 mill more or less, but I made it a matter if principle. The deal was 70 and not 69. So I told him “there is a first time for everything”. I refused to lower it for 1 mill since I just thought it was very silly from his side. Don’t be cheap and offer that 1 extra mill. I’m the one selling….you WANT MY PLAYER. So like I said, there was a principle involved….

So let me just say, I know exactly how your player must feel :)

April 17, 2013 06:59

803 posts(s)

They should acept sure, but to give them that intelligence would probably take good time from other improvements. I dont think this is so important as that… As Sly said, if they should lower 2 dollars, why shouldn’t you? :D

April 17, 2013 07:15

828 posts(s)

@ sly thats why i dont lower my prices for anyone now.

im playing the game as everyone else is now

April 17, 2013 11:13

340 posts(s)

The post is no more silly than the logic, of a player being offered a wage of 42225 but wants 42227 and refuses to lower his wage. If that is not just silly, then I don’t know how could I ever explain it.

It is not me not being able to afford his “high” demands, it is flaw in logic, as I see it. Anyone with two peas as brain would gladly take 2 dollars wage drop in order to keep getting almost same money (while being 3 years older since he last agreed to the 2 dollar higher wage).

I am trying to highlight areas in the game which need improvement, please do not confuse me for the majority of people who complain over their misfortune to have lost all their money, lost a game which clearly they should have won, why their youth is not improving as other’s and so on.

If you have truly understood my issue with this then you’d understand that this is a flaw in logic. No one with brain substance would argue about 2 dollars and risk losing 40k+ check every wage period, no?

Sure, with the way the economy works, the player would not be renewing, become a free agent and probably land a 60k wages, but that is not the issue. If we are going to play the game by the rules of the game world and ignore the real life values and logic, then nothing is broken, it is even perfect because the logic says, the player is aware of the economy in the game world and “knows” that once he is a free agent, he will land a higher salary. Actually then he should/would even ask for a higher salary, if he really knows his value and it’s a “principle” thing.

BUT I doubt it is so. I am guessing it’s simply a formula that needs to be fine-tuned, in my opinion of course.

/BK

April 17, 2013 12:16

639 posts(s)

Donator

I can tell from experience that the wage formula is less simple than you make it seem…

April 17, 2013 14:42

340 posts(s)

Correction, the player refused 42226 and firmly restated his wish to be paid 42227. One dollar..
Too bad I don’t know a suitable Jewish joke about this! :)

/BK

April 17, 2013 21:34

609 posts(s)

I refuged a full-time indefinite contract because the boss woudn’t spreak to me about my salary. Screw him! #YOLO

April 18, 2013 09:17

340 posts(s)

Well, I too quit a well paid job because they wouldn’t give me more money, but the point is not that. The situation with the players is a bit different. I think the “bossman” thing changed football quite a bit but still I don’t know of players who would >quit< a premier league side to take their chances as a free agent. Maybe there are many such examples, I don’t know.

/BK

Forums General