Forums General

Budget question

Subscribe to Budget question 12 post(s), 4 voice(s)

April 13, 2013 12:50

340 posts(s)

I had like 600M plus at the end of the season, is that money gone now?

I thought that money will always be there, and the seasonal budget will be added there.
-———————
If the money is gone, than I think there is a big misunderstanding, budget does not work like that, when you get deficit or surplus on your budget, you decide what to do with it, it does not disappear into thin air.

It would be more logical, that money is always left in the season budget account. So depending on what you gain or lose by transfers and budgeting, it will live it’s own life.
It will be adjusted (added more from transfers/budget) on turn 13 or so.

Also when using levels on “Money from players sold added to transfer budget” the money gained from the transfers (the part that is not inserted into your transfers account) should go to the club general funds account.
That money is THE BASE for the offer board makes you on season transfer budgets.

I don’t see any other logic logical if not like this. Prove me wrong.

/BK

April 13, 2013 13:12

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

The amount of money left in the budget at the end of season is converted into bonus points for the new season’s investment areas. We don’t want to make it accumulate just to prevent the inflation we had in the old model. In the future we may come up with other advantages for having a lot of money left in your budget when the season ends.

Cheers

April 13, 2013 15:07

74 posts(s)

+600m? i lost much more than that lol. it’s the new economic system. the one you like very much, Berhan hehehe. that’s why no one wants to sell. that’s what some guys were saying it’s not fun, but many seems to love it, so let’s play it.

of course the money left can’t stay there for next season. if that happened, the managers who sell good players would be even richer then before, like Gabriel said.

April 13, 2013 15:13

74 posts(s)

oh, and let me just quote you in another recent thread: “The new economy changes are GREAT, period.”

LOL. no, they aren’t.

they are totally unfair for the managers who want to sell players to have money to spend on other players. those ones loose all the money at the end of the season.

and what happens to the ones who spend all the money buying players? they get more fresh money the next season.

i see no logic there, but many see it, so i’m probably blind :)

April 14, 2013 11:40

340 posts(s)

Rui, it’s not about the amount but more about the principle of how things work.

Guys, budgets do not work like that, you have to re-think, I am not sure what kind of points I got for those 600M, didn’t pay attention really.

One important point I think about using budgets is to separate the club general funds from the transfer budget.
At the end the budget amount has to be the BASE for calculating new budget depending on levels of:
- Transfer Budget
- Money from players sold added to transfer budget AND
- Money left in YOUR TRANSFER BUDGET, otherwise you are creating money from thin air (like the American Federal Reserve) and then you can be absolutely sure that inflation will come!!

The reason you are not seeing the inflation is because people are not selling their best players because money has lost it’s meaning, fair enough, it can be solved but the way you did it – it does two things:
- creates money out of nothing (inflation will come, wait and see)
- acts as a show stopper to accumulate vast amounts of funds for budget so huge deals can never be made. Stops the big deals at the moment but it will not later on. This has scaled the previous scenarios with huge cash in the clubs to last only one season and whatever happens during that season (deals /buys /sales) it’s only in that window of opportunity. It’s like having transfer windows, only with budgets rather than time windows.

It works for stopping cheating (for a while), and making huge deals, cheating will require some work etc.. But it also prevents the game from working better.

Again, please think again.

1) Transfer budget is to be a percentage of total club funds (not a fantasy number). Stored in an own variable/account.
2) When Club gets XX% of transfers and leaves YY% of transfers in the transfer budget (same season) THAT (and whatever is left in your transfer budget for this season) is to be the base for the next seasons BUDGET suggestion, not a fantasy number or you’ll get inflation soon.
3) When at start of season you decide not to use much transfer funds, that money is to be put back to the Transfer account of the club and to be the base for next season’s transfer budget and again , what’s left in your current season transfer budget.

I think this is so natural to do so never paid attention to this earlier.
You have to take a look at how budgets work really. You have done something else, that is not budgeting, it’s like starting a new mission / level in a game where you get this and that to achieve this and that. Totally different thing than one would expect here, no?

/BK

April 14, 2013 11:49

340 posts(s)

A quick solution could be that whatever money you are able to save through this is stored in a different account/variable, and used for something else, like really doing the mega-big transfers managers couldn’t stop because the clubs decide to overrule managers decision.

it could be used as “shield” factor for club "protecting their player, or “attack” factor of a club trying to get a desired player even if manager doesn’t want to sell the player.

This one is leaning towards my earlier suggestions of being able to buy any player.

Anyway, just some thoughts, and whatever the solution of this, it has to be better than the way it is.

Also this thing effects everyone so it’s FAIR in that perspective, no need to cry about it. I just wanted to make you aware of this.

/BK

April 14, 2013 13:40

803 posts(s)

I’m still not ok with your “Board making deals” thing, but I agree your budget system sounds better than what we have now. It’s more realistic and probably more market friendly than this.

The inflaction argument is wrong though, the sistem we have makes it mostly impossible to have inflaction over a certain level, simply because teams cannot amount that much money in just one season. Even so I’ve seen some 500 and 700M deals already :D

April 14, 2013 14:33

74 posts(s)

Berhan quote: “Rui, it’s not about the amount but more about the principle of how things work.” – that’s what i’ve been saying since the new changes…

Berhan quote: “otherwise you are creating money from thin air (like the American Federal Reserve)” – lol. that’s exactly what happens in RS at the moment

Berhan quote: “you can be absolutely sure that inflation will come!!” – of course it won’t come. at the start of the new season money is gone.

this new system is very unfair: if you sell players, you loose the money at the end of the season; if you buy players, you will have more money to spend when the next season starts.

April 14, 2013 21:43

340 posts(s)

Rui,
The inflation means money being worth lot less than it used to be, it is already here because people won’t buy or sell the players for any money unless they know they get REALLY high offers and have to make sure they can spend it on same season. So it’s already here in a way.

/BK

April 14, 2013 21:48

340 posts(s)

Fillipe, board do make deals in certain clubs in real life as well, so it’s really a decision of game being realistic or not.

In SS you had the BIG Club clause, but that is not the best way to do things.
At this point, big club clause or whatever, something really has to be done, the budget mechanism is faulty by design. Either do it as real budgeting or do something else. Again, for me If I never made another deal for 20 seasons I’d be fine, but for the sake of game being better, this has to be re-considered.

/BK

April 14, 2013 21:59

340 posts(s)

Rui (and others), the changes are really good, just think about it. You can not build up 1-2Billions and buy 8 superstars per season.

The only flaw with this thing now is people have NO reason to sell if they are going to lose the money at the end of the season. If we can solve that puzzle so people will actually want to sell the players to create other opportunities, then the economy system will be really good.

I’ve called it faulty but it is actually really good, it prevents a lot of cheating, the transfers now make more sense, so again only problem is people not selling because of the money have little meaning if you can not reinvest it before they are gone. I think my suggestions earlier could be possible solutions but we should think this really carefully.

Also and again there is still too much money in the system, removing a zero from everything besides the wages would be more realistic.

/BK

April 15, 2013 09:34

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Good feedback everyone. I understand the budget as we have now is not really a budget because we create money out of thin air, but it was just a new idea to start with in this new system. We will consider the options already presented among other things in order to improve this situation. Hold on tight! ;-)

Forums General