Forums General

Regarding the new transfer budgets

Subscribe to Regarding the new transfer budgets 6 post(s), 5 voice(s)

March 02, 2013 02:07

57 posts(s)

This being the first season of implementation, I have a question before I lose out on money.

- I chose the second lowest possible transfer budget (level 1) at 22M.

- I also chose the lowest possible “Money from players sold added to transfer budget” (level 0) at %20.

Now, I’ve sold a lot of players in these first few ticks, and managed to raise my transfer budget to $59,707,000. This is great, I could buy some players right now if I wanted.

Here comes the question: If I chose not to buy anyone this season, and NEXT season I keep my transfer budget at level 1, will the value be $59,707,000?

Or, if I don’t spent it this year, is it just…lost? Do the teams keep an invisible bank balance of overall money and if so, how does it affect the FOLLOWING year’s investments?

Are the different “levels” of Transfer Budget that you select within the first 12 turns just ascending percentages of that invisible overall bank balance of the club?

I don’t want to have sold a bunch of players, saved my transfer budget, just to have it reset to 22M for level 1 because it’s tied to something stupid like my stadium size. If it were tied to that overall bank balance, I’d like to see that total bank balance somewhere so I can plan for next year’s investments.

Thanks!

March 02, 2013 07:02

828 posts(s)

i agree there is zero financial planning now board does all the work ( which im fine with, its about time they did thier phookn jobs like :D) however i would like to know how to plan for the future with the current implementations.

March 02, 2013 10:01

639 posts(s)

Donator

As it is now, leftover money from the transfer budget is lost. Gabriel is looking at a way to have some bonusses from leftover money, probably extra points to spend.

March 02, 2013 12:07

609 posts(s)

I think that the whole idea from the new system is that some money will get lost, if they implement a thing that u can keep your money the next season then the update was for nothing. However, i would like to see some amount back or in an other way like Dimitri says. If there is nothing in return it might have a negative influence on the market, the only reason to sell players then is when u have 10 points in money from players sold.

Maybe something like that the money from players back is something like this:

Money from players sold added to transfer budget lvl 0 20%
In addition, money from players sold added next year lvl 0 10%

or

Money from players sold added to transfer budget lvl 0 20%
In addition, next years board point increase lvl 0 10%

March 03, 2013 04:01

57 posts(s)

I think if you’ve made money for the club, depending on how much, it should translate into a bonus of some sort for the next season. The easiest way would probably just be more investment points.

You made the club an extra 20 Million? Here’s some extra resources! Not necessarily money. You get to choose to add a scouting department, maybe some physios, or just take the next level or transfer budget and away you go.

Giving the power back to the managers without crippling the economy. The game’s about free will and management, right? :P

March 05, 2013 07:51

340 posts(s)

Will, that would add more confusion to things.

A uniform reward system is the best way to have a general rewarding system, without doing too much tailor-made solutions that would look awkward.

How do you reward EXTRA effort, I think this is what you are getting at, and that is interesting.
I AGREE that it should be awarded, and there I have several types of reward suggestions:

- People that stay online (taking care of team) should get some kind of rewards, and by that I mean a CERTAIN type of rewards, say an super talented youth.
- People who spend much time in the transfer market, should get something like extra funds on transfer market.
- people who spend much time on playing with tactics, could get advantage on something.
- stadium gives you advantage on opponent skills, maybe even increasing club popularity, income from matches, etc..

NOW, the key here is to MEASURE, HOW the managers play the game, then SETUP profiles which you can award.
If your profile suggest you are a manager taking care of business only (ie trade players) and do not care about competition that much, then you could achieve success on certain areas in the game.

I don’t know, that is how I’d do it. That way you get best of experiences for every manager.

Just my 2 cents.

/BK

Forums General