Forums General

Second cow trader?

Subscribe to Second cow trader? 7 post(s), 4 voice(s)

September 25, 2007 20:05

22 posts(s)

This one is more likely.

Andy Beeston was bought for 1.3M or something near it some turns ago.
I, myself, tried to buy him.
Now he’s transfer listed for 3.3M. =]

September 25, 2007 20:22

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

for now I will do 2 things:

1) ask everybody to have fun without cheating. later in the BETA we WILL ask some of you guys to try to cheat, as we will be developing mechanisms to prevent it (we already have something, but not active yet).
2) promise that if we receive many complaints about a particular manager, his ip/manager_id will be banned for a while. we want everybody to have fun and embrace fair play, and we will try to guarantee both.

thanks for reporting and cheers

September 26, 2007 02:04

387 posts(s)

well known discussion from socsim backthan. although it’s not a throughout respected way to build a large amount, it’s legal.

i don’t see the need to ban this transfer policy. it’s just: sympathize with it or not.

September 26, 2007 05:10

124 posts(s)

Yeah, I think it will help enough on this matter when a system is added that prevents selling too soon after buying the player. Maybe half a season or 3/4 of a season would help a little.

September 26, 2007 08:22

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

yep, i did not see a huge problem with it too but, even so, i decided to remind everybody about fair play. never too much to do it :)

September 26, 2007 11:06

387 posts(s)

agreed, minimum of 6 months before re-selling should be implemented

September 26, 2007 15:46

22 posts(s)

I don’t think it’s illegal too, it’s just a way of making money. everyone does it, in a way or another. You get a player, he doesn’t fit your team or doesn’t improve what you thought he’d improve, you sell it.
but clearly something needs to be done.
it’s frustrating when you bid for a player, see him going for a greater wage and then see him transfer listed again for a higher amount of money.

Forums General