Forums General

Manager skill?

Subscribe to Manager skill? 7 post(s), 6 voice(s)

September 22, 2007 20:40

4 posts(s)

Before I make my post I want to be very clear that I am NOT complaining. This is a fun game and well put together. And even better, it’s free even if that’s temporary. So I want to say it’s a good game and fun to play, and congtrats to the creators.

However, basically all I’ve done in my entire time as manager is set my squad. I’ve literally not attempted to sign players or change my tactics, not once. And I’m third in the Premiership (Everton in the second beta world). It just seems a bit off to me in that I’m more successful than a bunch of managers when I haven’t really done anything at all.

Like I said it’s not a complaint, and my relative inactivity isn’t due to not having fun, rather not being able to log in for every tick. It’s just constructive criticism of what I think is a game with pretty darn good potential. I hope no one takes it the wrong way.

September 22, 2007 22:19

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

first of all, thank you very much for your feedback.
About your point, i think we can say that you are right, but you also are not. You are right because the lack of manager options for the team setup is really creating situations where a person that doesnt do much can do well on the championship.
But you also are not right because the formation screen we have right now is very flexible and can generate a good number of “match scenarios”, which take a good amount of time to be fully explored.

Anyway, this is one of our biggest challenges: to give more strategy/tactics options. This is for sure on our plans, along with match improvements and other new features.

I hope you have fun during this beta, and keep giving us feedbacks!
cheers

September 23, 2007 03:22

130 posts(s)

Now that the first season is almost done (and so many things have been improved, just compare to how it was when we first logged in :)), and following Kevin’s thought, i think that what is really needed is a much more detailed match report. I’m always kinda clueless on what works/what doesn’t in my tactic/matches.
Cheers.

September 23, 2007 11:54

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

agreed , since the beginning our plan was to show, at some point, the full match report. of course that this report is expensive (disk usage), so it will only be available for a few ticks.

when gabriel come back we sure will discuss our priorities and see where that can fit, but i can tell you right now that the only thing we are missing is a good interface to show it (and we think that would take some time). of course, we also were planning to, before that, finish some tweaks on the match.

cheers

September 26, 2007 04:31

299 posts(s)

Don’t get fooled mates. It’s just that Kevin is a natural born manager so no need for him to sweat it much ;)

Hey good job lads. Let’s see where this game goes. I already had to play my first game against Mr. Newman in b2 with me and him having a superold rivalry, and he always has a way of making me seem like a third rate manager :(

October 05, 2007 14:13

9 posts(s)

NOT TRUE MR DHIMITRI……………..we go back years a lot of us, and we always have a fun rivalry, Im sure you come out on top against me usually,its what makes it all so enjoyable, although Im getting a bit of a hiding at the moment and will soon be put in jail for going bankrupt BIG TIME………it must be all the drinks I buy for you guys.

Thanks M8 for the great matches

Cheers.

October 08, 2007 08:17

28 posts(s)

Dhimitri is more into killing spearmen and swordsmen these days.

Forums General