Forums General

League Winners

Subscribe to League Winners 9 post(s), 4 voice(s)

September 19, 2007 19:24

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Beta 1 – Season 1 – Italy: Napoli (Neil O’Brien – aka Commanche)

Congratulations man, still 4 matches to go!

This topic will be updated as new champions come up.

September 21, 2007 08:10

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Beta 1 – Season 1

Brazil: Flamengo (Rodrigo Margon) – even if Flamengo loses and Atlético-MG wins, Flamengo has more victories; at least in the virtual world the team I support won the title :-P

Spain: Atletico Madrid (Ricardo Costa)

Unfortunately on England not all teams could play the same number of games due to a bug we had in the beginning, so congratulations to Portsmouth (Pasi Lankinen) and Aston Villa (Ricardo Ramos, 1 game less). Also congrats to West Ham (Miguel Ferreira), even with 8 games less (sorry for that Miguel) it is currently on 9th!

September 21, 2007 11:29

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Well, Aston Villa is the champion on England in the end, even playing one match less :-)

October 23, 2007 07:20

23 posts(s)

Donator

Hello,

who is the winner in beta2 England ?

Chelsea or Manchester United?

League results:

Manchester United 2 x 2 Chelsea Tie League Chelsea 1 x 1 Manchester United Tie League ( This was the last game of the league !!! )

Championship points and stats:
Pos Team P W D L GF GA Pts
1 Manchester United 38 32 3 3 147 29 99
2 Chelsea 38 31 6 1 148 22 99

So:
Chelsea has more goal for, less goal against, in the games with each other they are tied 3×3 with chelsea scoring 2 goals away from home.
in the other hand, Manchester United has more wins in the championship.

Right now MU is in first place in table so i assumed they are the winners, but when i whon the national cup, i got an email from the board saying they were pleased, and at the moment MU manager Mr. Pimentel did not get one.

What are the rules in this kind of draw ?

Let me just say that this was a memorable season, and i am anxious to see a Champions League in order to measure the true greatness of my Team.

Mr Joao Neves – Chelsea Manager Beta 2

October 23, 2007 07:45

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

in this case, the number of wins is the next factor to consider. after that, the goals for – goals agains and, at last, goals for.

October 23, 2007 09:57

23 posts(s)

Donator

Hello,

here are the official rules of Premier League :

Section B

point 22 ( http://www.premierleague.com/staticFiles/2e/6d/0,,12306~93486,00.pdf )

22. If any 2 or more Clubs have scored the same number of points their position in the table shall be
determined on goal difference, that is to say, the difference between the total number of goals
scored by and against a Club in League Matches in that Season, and the higher or highest placed Club
shall be the Club with the higher or highest goal difference.

So the point is:

It would be nice to have the rules of each championship directly extracted from the official rules. Some of the users could provide the developers with this information.

Probably it is very difficult for you guys to implement this, but this is just a sugestion. (That would suit my needs at the moment :P )

Just want to say, being this an imitation of reality, i should have been crowned Champion :D

Next season this kind of question will be unnecessary because i will have at least 6 advantage points

Joao Neves

October 23, 2007 10:24

6 posts(s)

Dream… Dream… Dreaaam… Dreaaaaaaaaaaam…. :D :)

Regards,
Mr Pimentel
Man U – Beta 2
Season 1 – ViceChampion
Season 2 – Champion (according to game rules :D :P)
Season 3 – Champion, Cup winner and responsible for Chelsea depromotion :P

P.S. – It was an superb championship! I used to play ManagerSim and now i’m loving making part of this beta testing and future game. I also think that each league should have the rules of the real competitions in order to give more realistic simulation (however i can leave with these rules :D) – in addition to many many (hard-working and time-consuming) improvments posted in the forum.

Thank you guys.
I dedicate this title to you!

Cheers,
AP

October 23, 2007 10:47

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

hmm, it wouldnt be a bad idea to implement country-specific rules. i will discuss with Gabriel, but my vote here is yes. what about the rest of you guys?

congratulations to everybody for the nice season, and special congrats to the winners. you all stay tuned, you should see a lot of changes on the game, very soon.

October 23, 2007 12:27

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’d also say yes for country-specific rules, but that may take a while. The good news is that, starting today, I’ll have little more free time than lately, so I second Danilo’s words, you should see a lot of changes soon.

Forums General