Forums General

UEFA Competitions

Subscribe to UEFA Competitions 12 post(s), 9 voice(s)

September 19, 2007 19:11

223 posts(s)

Guys, when will you introduce to beta1 the champions league and uefa cup and so on? It would be nice to have the first confrontations between different leagues… Perhaps you’re waiting till you add all countries and it makes sense, but it was good if there was these competitions! :)

Will you have some surprises for us in the beggining of the next season in beta1?

:)

September 19, 2007 19:21

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

It will be hard to add new countries to Beta 1, but when we reset it or add a new dimension we’ll certainly have a few more countries (like Germany, France, Argentina and Portugal) and then we can start working on UEFA and South American competitions. :-)

September 20, 2007 03:12

23 posts(s)

Please dont forget Holland ;) i wanna manage ajax :P

September 20, 2007 03:37

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Holland sounds good too :-)

September 20, 2007 03:57

11 posts(s)

About UEFA cup, why not an “Club World Cup” in beta 1?

It could be the 3 first teams in the league and the cup winners. We would have 16 clubs for the cup. It could be divided in 4 groups, just like European Champions league.

It could be named like “Ruby World Cup” or something like that.

It’s just a thought…

September 20, 2007 15:41

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

well, we could arrange that, unofficially. i say unofficially because to do it officially would take time that we could spend implementing one of our top priorities. in fact, i am planning to discuss with gabriel a way for our future moderators to organize competitions. i think that could add a good amount of fun, sometimes :).

cheers

September 20, 2007 21:39

22 posts(s)

I don’t think he means something unofficially.
I’m playing in Brazil, I don’t want to play Libertadores only against Argentina (when we have it).
I think we could just forget Champions League and Libertadores and create a competition with all the countries, similar to these ones. And of course, another one similar to Sudamericana and UEFA Cup.

September 21, 2007 02:25

130 posts(s)

I agree. With 3 more European Countries, CL and UEFA would be exciting, but only Arg/Bra for Libertadores is way too little. A CL/UEFA version including all RS countries is definitly needed. Call it Ruby Champions Cup or something like that, and use only each league’s champion. You know, like Champions Cup used to be, when that name had a purpose. Then use until the 5th or 6th place to make a UEFA-like cup. Bring back the Cup Winners Cup. :)

September 21, 2007 06:29

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

We could officially do that while we don’t have all countries as long as we find a good way to reuse that to create CL, UC, Libertadores, etc, when all countries are added.

September 21, 2007 07:31

47 posts(s)

Well, Napoli have asked Athletico Madrid to a friendly for the unofficial champions title.

September 21, 2007 13:32

130 posts(s)

And the Colchoneros accepted it, while proposing another match so we can have it in 2 legs. ;)

Cheers.

September 25, 2007 11:36

5 posts(s)

Add Czech Republic plz, I want to manage Bob Brno, hehehehehehe!

Forums General