Forums General

Real Life Business Logic Applied in the game

Subscribe to Real Life Business Logic Applied in the game 4 post(s), 3 voice(s)

May 12, 2012 14:03

340 posts(s)

Or how to make money in the game without caring to count potential ability, possible number of skill points being “unlocked” per season when developing players for sale, playing your players x number of games etc..

This story has a background, so here it is.
It was almost 10 years ago, I met this guy, let’s call him John. He was a successful businessman turned into Business Angel, after working his business up and selling it for quite many millions (in dollars). It was amazing how much ways there are in making money, I knew that but never expected to hear this.
What he did was buying flowers, tons of them, while they were quite small, not full-grown that is, cultivated them until they reached a certain size and then sold to the next guy in the chain, so the flower cultivating process from seed to product in a florist shop was x number of instances of cultivating from size A to size B to size C and so on. The best part of this was the process for John took a lot less time and was less risky if he was to do all by himself, that is from seed to flower-in-the-shop. So all the people involved in this process made money and they shared the risk between themselves. They made less money by getting paid for cultivating just a certain time. A cycle could be few weeks to 2 months but they got paid.

Same logic applied in RubySoccer:
Last season I just gathered few players on free transfer, cost me only their (low) wages for a season. Then I sold them this season. With the current transfer market mechanics, I got around 65M for 8 or so players. Now I could keep them for several more seasons and maybe make 50M of just one player but why bother?

So follow John and follow the money advice if you want to make 50-100M every season, at least until the transfer market mechanics are changed. Unless you are too greedy of course. ;)

BK

May 12, 2012 20:02

639 posts(s)

Donator

Yes, that seems to be a good strat right now.

May 15, 2012 17:42

301 posts(s)

or take a team in the top rankings of UEFA and sign your academy players and then sell them for pure profit ;)

May 16, 2012 12:35

340 posts(s)

Charles, that would be the farm-ville scenario, yes. :)

BK

Forums General