Forums General

Is anyone (like me) worried that..

Subscribe to Is anyone (like me) worried that.. 56 post(s), 20 voice(s)

May 14, 2012 11:26

23 posts(s)

Donator

OK with The Monty

May 14, 2012 12:02

639 posts(s)

Donator

“This would then force managers to sell players at a more realistic price”

Managers are selling for the prices cpu teams are willing to pay. If those prices are not realistic, shouldn’t the cpu teams bidding behaviour be fixed?

May 14, 2012 12:53

2 posts(s)

oh i agree with the change in CPU spending tactics, it would be great if both could be done.

May 14, 2012 13:37

28 posts(s)

Donator

Maybe that could be implemented by some players not wanting to renew their contract. The renewal decision would also be based on the happiness of the player in the team (if the player is not happy, he would leave at the end of the contract, no matter the wage offered)

May 14, 2012 15:50

340 posts(s)

I would say 3(?) major areas the game needs to be improved on:

1. Economy, this is DO or DIE, as simple as that. DO some research and find out what needs to be done! You really need to contain the economy in a sand-box kind of way so you do not get maybe more than 5% increase or decrease in economy trends/season. I have ideas more specific on HOW this could work.

2. Player/Manager/Club interaction, this is the bread and butter in every manager game:
– Fail here and you’ll have a mediocre game. Do a brilliant job here and you’ll see people(managers) joining the game.

3. An app is a good thing but you do not have the masses in a community. An app would add good for the existing manages but I doubt it will bring much more new faces as long as you do not have strong economy models and player/manager/club interaction. Just having an app wouldn’t make it a famous game. I like the idea of having an app, do not get me wrong. At the moment I am testing one called OFM (Online Football Manager). It is well designed, a similar thing would be ideal for RubySoccer. But if you look closer at the app you’ll see there is more under the hood.
If you are going to INVEST in an APP, you need to have a very specific strategy on what you need to achieve with that app. Think 100k or more users. If you start investing time (which you do not have) on an app (a completely different project) it will be a matter of time before you lose interest in the game and abandoning it. I think there is something to learn from the ManagerSim guys. So my "vote for nr.3 is NOTHING, first 2 are more important than anything else.

BK

May 15, 2012 04:07

28 posts(s)

Donator

IMO, the newspaper should be either fixed or removed entirely from the game.

May 15, 2012 10:53

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

mrebello, agreed.

Berhan, I was not talking about an app. It would be just a simplified mobile interface, with just the most used functionalities. For example, at the moment we know the 3 areas people use most are:

1. the mail
2. the formation
3. negotiations

So if we develop something to give the users a good coverage on those 3 things, it should be enough.

I am not saying we will not have more in future, though… Who knows?

May 15, 2012 11:16

23 posts(s)

Donator

Personnaly I do not read the newspaper…

May 15, 2012 13:35

296 posts(s)

If the paper was simple like in SoccerSim i would read it everyday. It told of signings within the league and had interviews with managers. Ok the questions were the same all the time but that didnt matter, It was nice reading managers opinions on the teams around them etc.

1. Economy needs sorted.

2. Add contract clauses (Big club, relegation) Some players never signed unless they had Big club clause, made things more fun.

3. Change countries back so that were your based brought in smaller income etc. England, Spain, Germany etc should all be making more money than in Colombia.

May 15, 2012 17:36

301 posts(s)

I have to agree that I used to like to read into manager comments in the newspaper… :) gave the game a more “human” feel to it. Again, the more human managers we get the better. (i’m stating the obvious i know)

for the iphone app i think having the ability to set your formation is what most of us want. I can send mails and negotiate with my iphone4 without any problems, its only the formation screen that doesn’t work.

BK, what do you mean by manager/player/club interaction? i’m not quit sure which part of the game this involves and more specifically which area needs tweaking?

I won’t set a list of priorities as i’m ok with whatever everyone decides.

May 16, 2012 13:42

340 posts(s)

Charles (and anyone interested in hearing) , by the manager/player/club interaction I mean, what a player/manager/club can or can’t expect, do, act upon, when it comes to:
- player development (player/manager interaction)
- transfers (manager/club interaction)
- loyalty and preferred career moves (player/club interaction)

Those areas need to be worked upon so you can have a more balanced structure in the game.

Berhan

PS. I am not OK with whatever everyone says, as someone clearly needs to tell people what is good and what is bad, I will deliver you the ugly truth, brutally, every time for as long as it’s needed or at least as long as I stick around.

May 29, 2012 01:44

74 posts(s)

i see a top priority above all, danilo:

CPU teams shouldn’t pay more then, let’s say 5/10m, for a player. with those crazy transfers, there are human managers paying more then 100m for normal players

May 29, 2012 06:06

340 posts(s)

When doing things, why not do them properly.

CPU teams would not pay anything at all if they can have cheaper players, and there are a lot of cheaper players around.

BK

June 02, 2012 23:52

58 posts(s)

Hello,
Like I already said in another topics:

1- The teams should get/earn money depending on their classification.

2- The problem in the CPU transfers is that this teams should only Buy players in a good business, half of the value price is the top that a CPU team should give for a player… and Back at the last value players… much more realistic…

At this moment I think this is the 2 priority changes.

Best Regards

June 05, 2012 17:11

58 posts(s)

To fix:

Young players with no future solb by a lot of Millions…

Best Regards

July 02, 2012 00:07

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Hello guys! I can almost feel your pain regarding the game economy and I’ve been trying to come up with some critical improvements. Here are the main things I have in mind:

- Detach the players’ estimated value from real transfers, making them aligned with a pre-defined formula based on skills and age (potential) plus some random factor: the idea here is to move the transfer prices back to something reasonable for managers and have a decent guideline for CPU decisions.
- Add contract clauses and player morale/happiness: the idea is to make transfers more interesting and add the possibility of having unsatisfied players which, among other things, won’t renew contracts.
- Re-design the source of income and team expenses: this is clearly important to have a stable economy.

Once I have at least a draft of these changes we can have a discussion whether a fresh dimension is a good idea to test the new features from scratch. Just to make it clear, even if we create a new dimension the new features will be applied to all of them.

Cheers!

July 02, 2012 20:22

6 posts(s)

Great news Gabriel. Thanks a lot.

July 02, 2012 21:20

37 posts(s)

1. For a formula to truly work and be truly tested, cheaters need to be eliminated. TOP PRIORITY should be to incorporate an individual verification system (Facebook login – face it, we all have one). Without this, everything else is pointless. Keep the game the way it is.
2. The idea of all players having a pre-defined value formula is a great solution. In PC games, I can ask for whatever amount I want, but no-one pays past the predetermined values. There are special cases for the super super stars, but 98% of transactions stay at a pre-definied value or below. I think you could copy the PC manager games model quite easily.
3. Enable CPU players and Human player to make offers for NON-TRANSFER listed players, actually accept some too.
4. Star system to help merchandise and sponsorship worked great with SoccerSim – copy it!
5. Formation changes from mobile phone would be GREAT!!!!

To expand on 4, I remember getting players who were not good, but had stars. It forced me to purchase avg players.

July 02, 2012 23:55

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

@Ilian Stefanov

1. Will discuss that with Danilo, sounds reasonable to me.
2. Agreed
3. Makes sense, will certainly consider that
4. It’s been planned from the beginning, but never prioritized. Sounds like a good addition along with the economy changes
5. That’s something Danilo has been planning, it is top priority for mobile interfaces.

Cheers

July 03, 2012 07:52

4 posts(s)

(Facebook login – face it, we all have one) I’am not on Facebook, and I will never be on Facebook. I’am may be a rare case but I don’t want to have my personal info on the web (even if I can check who can see).

July 03, 2012 14:54

37 posts(s)

@Romain

You can make it private so no-one can see, also, you disclose only as much as you want. You’ll catch the bug one day… everybody and their grandma has one these days :)

July 11, 2012 23:51

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Just deleted all posts that were causing the topic subject to divert from its main objective. This is the forum policy in case you’re not familiar with it yet: http://www.rubysoccer.com/forums/5/topics/2037

Cheers

July 12, 2012 00:04

74 posts(s)

that’s what you should have been done in first place (but i will keep the ‘talk’ in private).

now, i hope you have in mind the last sentence of forum policy, which i quote:

“Offenders may face punishment(s), which may include one or more of the following: dismissal from your current team(s), temporary or permanent ban and other restrictions.”

July 20, 2012 17:20

678 posts(s)

What did I miss? :)

July 22, 2012 20:00

828 posts(s)

nothing

July 24, 2012 18:20

74 posts(s)

just trash

Forums General