Forums General

So Berhan

Subscribe to So Berhan 13 post(s), 4 voice(s)

February 22, 2012 16:31

639 posts(s)

Donator

Are you just doing bids on players to annoy people, or what?

February 23, 2012 08:22

340 posts(s)

No, I still believe the in-game-player value is not realistic so I offer what I believe player is worth. You on the other hand look at the player value and assume that is the value. If the value column was to be removed I would still offer same amount while you would have no idea what to ask for such a player (apparently, since you are moaning about the value/price)..

My offer still stands.

BK

February 23, 2012 10:45

639 posts(s)

Donator

I don’t think that you really believe that I would sell the player for that price, especially since you just bid again after I removed it.

But if you do: can you say what your best and most talented players are worth?

February 23, 2012 17:14

340 posts(s)

make me an offer and we’ll see..

I do not think anything nor I assume you think the way I do, it’s a game, it’s the interaction between managers that is part of the game. It’s really ridiculous of you to drop my bid by removing the player from transferlist like that.

Why do you do that, are you afraid that others will see my low bid and they will match the low bid?
If you are certain of your players being 2 or 3 times more, why be bothered by a lower bid?
Just wait and see what you’ll get.

What I do is I consider bids if they are acceptable or not, if not I still leave the bid there, and expect a fair offer no matter what people bid, I know the value of the players, apparently you don’t that’s why you get confused by the in-game value of the player, which is totally unnecessary.

Berhan

February 23, 2012 20:42

301 posts(s)

give me a name and i’ll tell you who’s at fault! :P

February 23, 2012 21:18

639 posts(s)

Donator

Gérman Angeleri

Offering 25% of the price I am willing to pay him for is not a serious bid, it’s just a ‘I bid to annoy’ bid.

February 23, 2012 22:20

296 posts(s)

I had a wee look there, I would pay 60mil max for him. Ive never had a club with alot of money though.. everyones different.

February 23, 2012 23:50

639 posts(s)

Donator

He’s only on the transfer list in case the computer team madness returns, or in case a human manager doesn’t know what to do with his money.

February 24, 2012 06:36

340 posts(s)

so if his value in the game (German Angeleri) with the very same stats were 250M, you mean his value would be 250M???

I am telling you the value calculated in the game is wrong, I never look at that value, I look at what money the club has and the player’s skills. To analyze your player, he has great tackling sure, but passing is bellow the standard of a really great player, also speed could be better but it’s ok. So in order for ME to pay what you are asking he would have 80+ in pass and 95 in speed or more. That’s how I reason, I do not see him being worth more than 40-50M, but if you get 163M for him, sure, go ahead and sell to someone paying it, also if you get 500M, sell to that club instead, it is a free market, you sell to who you want. No need to get touchy over a bid. I explained my way of reasoning, if you still do not get it, then I can not say anything else to make you get it.
I am also claiming that if you should not have the player value attribute in the game, you would NOT put a price tag of 163M to that player. Here is the problem really, you thinking that he is worth that kind of money.
IF he was worth that kind of money, people WOULD HAVE bought that player from you for 163M, understand that!!
HE is NOT, there is NOT a single bit of thing in the game pointing towards such a thing of a player being worth that kind of money. I am talking about the economics in the game. Nothing explains/validates that value, it is simple result of not a good enough formula for player value calculation.
It’s like buying a cheap orange headphone and putting a nice logo to it and selling it for 10x the value, it’s worth it or not it depends on the buyer, not the value itself.
When we are talking industry and manufacturing cost, you can pretty much calculate everything and get the EXACT cost for a product being made.

Here the player value should be based on some common things as:
- number of highest level games (international games),
- number of years at top level (can be counter-measured with talent so you don’t get great and cheap youth players)
- how important player is for the club (not too big influence though)
and so on, there can be many checks to calculate a value instead of doing the old + etc…

And while the developers may or not may change the formulas, nothing changes, the value is still not real, and pretending it is the true value is not real to me, now you get how I am thinking when offering “an insult” offer. Or maybe you don’t (want to)…

Berhan

February 24, 2012 09:53

639 posts(s)

Donator

I don’t think you understand the problem. It has nothing to do with player value: it has to do with the transfer price. It’s ok to bid a bit less than the transfer price. A bit less than 25% of the transfer price is either stupid or just to annoy. And I saw you did bids like that more often…

February 24, 2012 12:12

340 posts(s)

I understand the problem, but the problem is yours, not mine.

The transfer price is unrealistically high, that’s why you think my offer is just just 25%, if you had listed him for 50M and I offered 40M it would be 80%, no? You would have sold him for 50M, as people would know he is worth that money. I am guessing you will not sell him for 163M unless someone just wants to make a joke about this.

You base your price on the player value which you can not convince me is worth for the player (163M), I do my own evaluation and make a bid for the worth of the player, it has nothing to do with the listed price. I have explained to you more than once and if you still refuse to understand how I reason, which is your problem here since you complain on me bidding what I bid, then there is not much I can do.

About my bids in general, just ask people I have dealt with, when they ask reasonable prices and not some fantasy figures as you do. I do bid what I can pay for the quality of the player and do so when I have the money, when I don’t I ask them if they can lower the price. I made a perfectly reasonable offer for your player and can still offer you the same amount if you are interested, even if I am in a different club now.

BK

February 24, 2012 16:04

639 posts(s)

Donator

I think I get it: you made your bid because of your obsession with player value.

Just don’t do it again.

February 25, 2012 18:23

340 posts(s)

nah, you still don’t get it.
But get this, when no one buys him for 163M, when you are ready to settle for my offer, do send me an ingame mail, I might make you an offer, if he is not 38 years old by then.

BK

Forums General