Forums General

Correlation between value and potential?

Subscribe to Correlation between value and potential? 11 post(s), 6 voice(s)

February 04, 2012 12:25

13 posts(s)

Still trying hard to work out the buying cheap players and improving them to be top players formula on here…

But in recent weeks I have had a few youth players, with not brilliant stats low 70-s up to 80s after a few games, but their value is very high …. the stats dont seem to reflect the value..is this because they are potentially very good players and the stats will raise ro go in line with value, or is the computer just playing with me…confused.com

Players are : Danny Abbot, Michael Smith and Ryan Dudley.

GA

February 05, 2012 01:30

803 posts(s)

Player’s staring value is also influenced by inflation, if all players value raised so did new players starting value, now any crappy player have a starting value of 4M, I haven’t checked how much an excelent youth is valued now, things are very unpredictable this days…

February 06, 2012 08:10

340 posts(s)

I think it would be a safe bet that removing a zero from all players value attributes would normalize things.

BK

February 06, 2012 16:06

639 posts(s)

Donator

I think it would be a safe bet that people are willing to pay the player value for at least two of the three mentioned players.

February 07, 2012 08:16

340 posts(s)

Well, that is the thing, what is a player value?
You can not just compute player value with a strict mathematics formula.

Like, for a defender
/100x(max_money_value) + /100*(max_money_value)… and so on for shooting, speed, secondary skills etc..
I think there should be a similar formula but that should not total in more than 1/10 of what current formulas add up to.
THEN you add some added value for the national games, games played in league (different level of competition will give more added value).
Like, if the player is 21-25 and has played 20 champions league games and scored 5 goals that would be the added player value.
It is amazing how youth players you get worth 4M or more in a div 1 club that end up being released on the free transfer.
Who in the world with all senses working would release such an amount of worth free??
My suggestion/logic makes sense, if not, read again, if you still not get it, ask again.

Valuation of players as it’s now, is a joke, and what a bigger joke is not that it’s there and wrong but that people take it for “real” value.
IMHO there has to be a relation between the money in the system available and the price/value of the best/worst players (and the amount of players available of course), if not there is an inflation, and sure that can add some interesting thing to the game but it is only interesting as long as people (managers) are aware of it. For example, since now everyone got so much more money, the building of stadiums should cost a lot more.

BK

February 08, 2012 09:55

828 posts(s)

or you should impose a cannot list a player higher than his value but to accurately do that the est needs to corrected the current values are retarded lol

February 08, 2012 11:18

340 posts(s)

“Can not list” – rule is not enough, but sure it’s a quick fix, not fair one though.
There are some players (specially the young ones) than are not worth much but still can be valuable in 2-3 season then you’ll be forcing people to sell players too cheaply.

BK

February 08, 2012 22:02

13 posts(s)

Some really interesting points here fellas….how did Soccersim manage to keep a reasonably sensible grasp on valuations of players and money??? I liked the star scheme on SS too, with star players being worth more and generally better than a player with the same stats but without stars.

GA

February 09, 2012 06:02

340 posts(s)

I am guessing but it has to do with the general overall performance variable.
Star players would generate more income on match day/ shirt sales and also add some extra to the match engine calculations, 5-10 percent would be reasonable (or depending on the number of stars).

This topic is really interesting as it can be made really good if one would put some serious thought behind this.
You shouldn’t get too many star players. As I see it there are two main ways to make this interesting:

1. By game itself by calculations, that is a pre-set way of saying player A will become a star if he does A, B, C etc..
2. By in-game manager interaction, the more managers check the player, scout and try to bid, the more interesting the player is.

or it could be mix of both of course.
Just look at what star players (in real life) have gone through and setup a few scenario templates and the more an already great (to be?) player suits the template the more stars he is to receive. That’s how I would do it anyway.

BK

February 10, 2012 09:28

828 posts(s)

yes i think star scheme is something i loved about Managersim i forget if they earned thier stars but i miss it

also player moral is something i miss ( knowing who the f doesnt like being on your team and wont perform is nice to know)

this game atm is just words and numbers telling me he has certain attribs but ive had players have 100 shooting and 90 in the rest and they sucked balls

February 10, 2012 21:11

20 posts(s)

I agree with Davison, the players should have some kind of “Personality” and they should be able to tell you if they are not happy playing in your team or if they feel adapted in the current team they are in. I think this would make the game more “realistic” and interesting.

Forums General