Forums General

National Teams Jobs

Subscribe to National Teams Jobs 2 post(s), 2 voice(s)

January 08, 2012 19:38

7 posts(s)

I think something really stinks with the jobs at national teams. In the fast ticker I signed up to manage Croatia. The goal from the board was to advance in the European Cup to certain level. By the time I signed up, all the European games were done, we only had 1 friendly and World Cup matches. We won the friendly and after that upset Netherlands in the first round of the World Cup in penalty shots. Our next opponent was Brazil, much better team than us. We lost 0-1 and I was fired for bad performance? “We can’t stand any more of your bad results”? For real? That’s when I decided to check on other teams. It looks like a national team manager is fired immediately after the very first loss, regardless of the level of competition, which stage the loss occurred. Teams losing in the final of the World Cup/European Cup get their managers fired immediately. So, one simple question – why?

January 08, 2012 20:37

803 posts(s)

In the World Cup you must exceed the expectations of the board to continue in the job. This was done thinking in a 4 year cycle competition so managers wouldn’t keep the jobs forever… It is common a national team change manager after a cycle even if he accomplished his objectives, only if you exceed the expectations they will renew with you.

I think this probably should be changed as the cycle at the moment is just 1 season, maybe have 2 seasons to exceed expectations, if you dont do it in the second then be fired…

Forums General