Forums General

Header skill in points distribution

Subscribe to Header skill in points distribution 7 post(s), 4 voice(s)

December 09, 2011 04:42

32 posts(s)

Why is this skill so hyped in the point distribution?

I mean it is 20 times easier to get a midfielder with 100 header than 100 shooting or tackle.

The fact that players with more than 88 average are now harder to come by makes it even worse.

Personally, I think it is the least usefull skill in the game. Coudn’t that be adjusted?

December 09, 2011 09:51

639 posts(s)

Donator

Do you think the average header skill is higher than the average of other skills?

December 09, 2011 22:46

32 posts(s)

Not more than the primary, but maybe close to even. The last 3 players I got from my youth academy with 90 average, and they are hard to come by, all got almost 100 header.

I have 2 other players with about 88 average that got 100 header. That kind of thing really screws the chance of a player with low avg. be decent.

December 10, 2011 07:57

639 posts(s)

Donator

That is a very small sample.

December 10, 2011 08:38

32 posts(s)

Anyway…

It would be very easy to get examples from a lot of teams, but of course there are players where the header isn`t one of the highest. Look at your own team and tell me how many midfielders have more shooting or tackle, or attackers with more tackle or passing, etc… than header.

My point is that it would be nicer to see more mids with high shooting, or atackers with high tackle, and so on, than players with high header, which are much more common.

If I recall correctly, it was intended to make this skill more useful in the future, thus the 80 limit was removed. However that still seems far from happening and players with 90+ avg became much more rare.

So a lot of times, when it looks like you are gonna get a really good player… he grows a huge load in header and screws that up.

I think that with the new system of less players with high average in the game, this skill shouldn`t be getting more points than the other primarys.

December 10, 2011 12:02

803 posts(s)

Players with a second main skill (tackle, passing and shooting) are rare, and I think they should continue to be so I dont agree with changing that. About the heading I think there are no rules for how players improve, its just random, only when they start carear there’s some balance so it could be done something there… Anyway the best option I think is still giving heading more improtance (not too much), maybe improving the corner kicks so teams with high heading can score more goals from corners, or teams playing with wing passing having more goals from crosses…

December 11, 2011 11:40

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Just to make it clear the heading skill is not more likely to get reach higher values than the other secondaries (speed, dribble and control), but the other main skills are less likely to reach higher values than the primary skill (mids tend to have lower tackling and shooting skills, defenders have lowers passing and shooting and attackers lower tackling and passing).

Forums General