Forums General

applying for a job whilst employed

Subscribe to applying for a job whilst employed 12 post(s), 5 voice(s)

October 16, 2011 10:19

51 posts(s)

I noticed you can apply for a job at an occupied club as long as your rating is better than the current manager. Anyone done this? I’m guessing you stay at your club unless you get the new job?

October 16, 2011 12:02

803 posts(s)

Yes you do, only when the other manager performance reaches 0% you will replace him

October 16, 2011 12:22

51 posts(s)

So, if i apply and his performance is 4%, will i get a rejected mail and i will have to apply again OR will i automatically take over if his 4% drops to 0% ?

October 16, 2011 12:28

637 posts(s)

You will automatically take over when his performance reaches 0%.

October 16, 2011 15:25

609 posts(s)

Under 10% the manager is at risk, comes on the newspaper and new managers can apply. When the manager hits 1% the applies manager will get the job.

October 16, 2011 16:16

678 posts(s)

It feels like russion Roulette though :). Because you can’t know if someone is on 1-2% or on 10%. They get in the newspaper when they hit 10%. So when you apply you have no idea when you will join. Every tick could be your last with your current team :).

October 20, 2011 12:15

51 posts(s)

As much as i enjoy russian roulette virtually ;), it’s not very true to the game.

I need to clarify with a few questions :-

1) will the manager of the team you apply for know you have applied?
2) can i revoke my application if it’s been a few ticks and nothing has happened or will i just take over at 1%, which could possibly be 2 seasons time?

thanks again for the insight. I’m tempted to do this to take over a team i have connections with ;)

October 20, 2011 12:38

803 posts(s)

The other manager wont know you are applying, but he knows how low his performance is so may count with that…

You can revoke your application any time in the Profile menu, if not the application will stand there until you take over the team or if the manager gets his performance higher than 10% (not sure about this one)

Hope you’re not thinking about leaving England now Division 1 is getting so many great managers :D

October 20, 2011 22:54

51 posts(s)

i may have no choice. since the change my money is running out so i may have to abandon the team i’ve always played with. :) Might take a break and wait until the game has developed a little more and things have settled.

Thanks for the answers :)

October 21, 2011 06:26

609 posts(s)

You can always set your coaching to 9, it will get you some mills.

Or sell a player cheaper then you actually want (if you want to survive).

October 21, 2011 10:30

803 posts(s)

I think we all will need to sell players cheaper, eventually that will feel like the fair price, in economics it is called deflation (general price lowering). Players will be cheaper but they will be cheaper for everyone so we just need to adapt. It may also drop teams quality in the future but again it will be that way for all teams.

You’ll be in EPL next season so it will be easier for players to improve, as Vaughn said lowering your coach level would save you some money.

October 21, 2011 12:07

51 posts(s)

i’ve tried selling players over 50% cheaper that would be ok in lower leagues, in real life. They are not going … :) Rich clubs will be able to adapt but those that scrape along taking on youth, to sell on will not. Small squad clubs will also survive but there will be less scope to develop players or take on players that may have potential. I can understand why things change but it’s still not true to life and reduces the way the game can be played. Less enjoyable in my eyes but i wouldnt expect a change back because i’m no long enjoying the game. :)

Thanks for the advice though. I prefer a break so will let the funds go to 0 :)

Forums General