Forums General

Forum Policy

Subscribe to Forum Policy 10 post(s), 5 voice(s)

September 16, 2011 00:39

803 posts(s)

“RubySoccer forums are open to all users to discuss, comment, give suggestions, constructively criticize the game or just chat about it. Administrators and forum moderators exist to make sure posts are not offensive, malicious or unrelated to the purpose of these forums and that topics don’t digress too much from their original subject.”

I agree with everything Gabriel wrote in the topic and in this kind of forums some censorship is always needed. I just hope you guys wont be cutting every word that could or may or would lead to another discussion…

In this topic
http://www.rubysoccer.com/forums/6/topics/2035
I understand I didn’t need mention what I mentioned in the post but still I should not be censored because what I say may be taken bad by a person who has no notion of basic educated conversation. My understanding is that you guys removed what I wrote not because it was offensive but because it could (depending on how much unstable he was at the moment) lead to offensive comets by the other person, that IMO is not good use of censorship.

September 16, 2011 00:48

828 posts(s)

“Administrators and forum moderators exist to make sure posts are not offensive, malicious or unrelated to the purpose of these forums and that topics don’t digress too much from their original subject.”

“I should not be censored because what I say may be taken bad by a person who has no notion of basic educated conversation. My understanding is that you guys removed what I wrote not because it was offensive but because it could (depending on how much unstable he was at the moment) lead to offensive comets by the other person”
directing offensive comments to me was the reason

September 16, 2011 04:49

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

I understand what you’re saying Filipe. I won’t discuss here whether or not it was offensive. The reason I censored your post was because lately there’s been too much personal complaints and pointless discussions in the forums, most of them directed to Davison, as we all know. That said, there’s no reason to keep teasing him over and over, being offensive or not. We have a formal policy now and I’m hoping that everyone, including Davison, will try to follow that.

I’m sure we have better things to discuss here :-)

September 16, 2011 05:04

828 posts(s)

respect

September 16, 2011 08:30

340 posts(s)

This means you have to remove 95% of Davisons posts, no? :)

Gabriel, how about the in-game mails, I am sure I am NOT the only guy to receive stupid mails from Davison.
The question is, as this is a beta testing of a game, how far one has to go so you keep tolerating some people?

In WHICH way is such a person contributing in the further development in the game ?
Also how does censorship help the progress of the game development?
I am just amazed how can you even find time to be active in the forums, when you have so much plans for the game and development takes time.

Just some thoughts, I have done some football man. game development in my time and I have been what you are going through, trying to give some positive ideas, to help the game dev. progress. I can not stress this enough, that everything you put in extra that takes time to administer and control will eventually break or make, most normally break, when you do not have the time and or energy to handle it.

We, “the testing team” have to be a more organized team working towards the same goal, which is the development of the game. You shouldn’t HAVE TO sett any rules that people should respect each other nor censor ANY posts. That is kind of a very natural thing. If you are not careful with your vital choices now, it’s just matter of time before you think this is not interesting to continue anymore. That I can guarantee you.

BK

September 16, 2011 08:54

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

In-game messages can easily be ignored, they are not a public shout for everyone to see. I don’t plan to spend that much time taking care of the forums, we’ll soon assign moderators to do that job. It’s not like we have that many messages any way.

The time I spend here in the forums is not wasted time, sometimes very interesting ideas pop up and that’s why I want to remove all the noise with the help of moderators. Don’t worry about me giving up, every time I realize something in RubySoccer is annoying me too much I just get away from it during some time and when I return I’m ready to deal with it again :-)

September 16, 2011 08:56

609 posts(s)

BK,

The first 2 lines are something you don’t write according to the forum policy. However i’m a big fan of that kind of sarcasm, unfortunally not everyone can deal with it so leave it out please.

September 16, 2011 09:44

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

I thought about it but decided it’s just a joke, no harm done. We DON’T want to start another argument, do we? :-)

September 16, 2011 09:45

828 posts(s)

can you write in a way to block msg’s from managers that way these people dont need to be a nuisance to me. it would help eliminate thier trolling the option of manager choice to block a manager from pm’ing him. id use that

September 16, 2011 10:16

340 posts(s)

Vaughn and Gabriel, I was trying to prove you (and everyone guys) a point, that even if you put some rules in, it does NOT automatically start to work. What I mean is simply this, everything you put in as new rules, new things, it all need some kind of support and/or “manual” work, an upkeep that in my opinion is a waste of time.

Of course any ideas that comes through the forums can be considered but if I may suggest, there should be others doing that work, compiling a list of suggestions, a short description, what the immediate effects and the long-term effects are, what it will “cost” (time, money, manpower, engagement, research etc..).

I could be wrong but I know I am not :)
And this is my last post of the useless kind of messaging, as it gives nothing to the development and further progress of the game.

BK

Forums General