Forums General

Merchandise

Subscribe to Merchandise 9 post(s), 6 voice(s)

September 14, 2007 05:37

14 posts(s)

My merchandise went from 100k to 35k for signing a few players off the free transfers is this normal?

September 14, 2007 06:56

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

If your team overall quality decreased with this new players that’s how it should work. I’m just thinking of a few improvements that can be done though.

September 14, 2007 09:46

14 posts(s)

Yes my overall team quality has decreased but more than 50% decrease in revenue is a little too much thx.

September 14, 2007 10:10

11 posts(s)

I really don’t agree with this one. I think merch sales should be influenced by club prestige.

Example: a club get a serie of wins, merch sales shoud raise. A big star was bought, merch should raise. the position in the league table should be an influence too. Selling a “first eleven player” should drop the merch sales. History of the club (league and cup win over the seasons).

This is just ideas…

regards.

September 14, 2007 10:58

47 posts(s)

I like what Jah says. League position, success history etc should influence merch.

Signing squad players from free list shouldn’t affect it as much as Martins, imo.

September 14, 2007 11:00

75 posts(s)

I think merchandising will be like this, and what Jah say it should be like, will works for Sponsorship… Not sure though…

September 14, 2007 11:58

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Sherman is right, the factors mentioned will be considered by sponsorship revenue in the future. About merchandise decreasing that much I agree, I already have an ideia for changing it.

Cheers.

September 14, 2007 13:32

130 posts(s)

I think it depends on what you define as being covered by merchandise. The way i see it, it’s all the team’s stuff that is sold: jerseys, flags, pens, whatever, you name it. Any object that somehow uses your team’s name or logo. If my assumption is right, then the way it is now makes little to no sense.

Before reading this thread i had noticed the slight change of merch income, but always thought it was according to the league position. When the game started i had something like 50k every week, and it gradually went up as the season went further, stabilizing around 100-120k. My team was winning, my position was getting better, so it kinda made sense. Now i realise it was because the players were developing into better ones.

There was one certain tick when i signed 3 free young players, and the following weeks merch was struggling to stay close to 100k. To be honest, it didn’t cross my mind that it had to do with the new players. I remember making the comment with a friend that it was kinda silly that i placed a bet on the future and the fans got mad at me, but thought it was just a coincidence as i was in 4th or 5th instead of 2nd or 3rd as in the previous weeks. :)

After all, the stars were all still there, no one was sold, so everyone could still buy the shirts from their favourite players, with the bonus of being able to buy the ones from the future stars.

I understand that most of what Jah said is to be placed under the sponsors category, like the club’s past results and the club’s history. But i think that merchandise should depend on buying/selling a first team player and the club’s series of results, like the past 3 or past 5, mixing it with the club’s league position. Imagine your team’s on a losing streak and hasn’t won a match in the past 3 matches, and they keep losing league positions due to that. Are you as willing to spend your money on them as you would be if they came from 3 consecutive wins, reaching their league’s first place?

Speaking from my experience, my squad was way too short and its lifespan was quite short, so i had to add squad depth to be able to do friendlies without ruining my first team player’s stamina. Therefore, trying to “build” the stars of tomorrow. I know that, the way it is now, it might pay off if/when the young guys get their stats higher, but in the present the team gets affected with no real reason.

My suggestion, keeping most of the formula you guys have now, is that you do the overall quality average of the starting lineup and not the entire squad. That way you wouldn’t be so affected by getting new players, except if you decided to put them on official matches, and you’d definitly notice if you sold one of your best players.

Just my 2 cents.
Cheers.

September 14, 2007 15:13

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Nice post Ricardo. Considering the starting lineup instead of all players is what I have in mind :-)

About considering a little bit of recent performance and league positions, well, not sure yet how that would work, but we’ll discuss that when changing the formula.

Forums General