Forums General

free transfer player - bidding

Subscribe to free transfer player - bidding 17 post(s), 8 voice(s)

October 02, 2010 09:37

387 posts(s)

Have there been any changes to the (free agent) players decision making logic lately? Isn’t money/wage the only criteria anymore?
This guy just passed on an amount of extra cash and decided to go for a “small” salary at Sevilla …
http://www.rubysoccer.com/game/player_info/157806 (FT)

October 02, 2010 09:52

637 posts(s)

Players on free transfer choose the team where they have the best chance to play in 1st team. Maybe the position on the field (L, C or R) of the player is also important but I’m not sure. They will only reconsider your bid when it is much higher than the other team. I don’t know how much higher your bid should be.

October 02, 2010 11:19

803 posts(s)

You still got that young keeper having the best keeper ever, that kid must be crazy if he thinks he can play first team :D

October 02, 2010 11:27

387 posts(s)

@Filipe: true ;) but maybe in 10 years this kid will play first team …
@Dirk: then the best teams do not stand a chance to small teams with weaker first teams … btw: my bid was muuch higher than the one he agreed on.
maybe Gabriel/Danilo can confirm on the decision making logic …

October 02, 2010 22:37

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Dirk is right, the only factor besides wage is first team opportunity. I don’t remember the numbers but for keepers it is possible that if he would be the best keeper in a team vs. the third or worse keeper in another he accepts a wage around half what the best team offered.

October 03, 2010 00:27

387 posts(s)

hmm, ok, then is this was one of (the) few less materialistic 17yro talents on this planet – choosing 1,5m over a 4m $/year offer, just to play first team …. tststs, this guy has character!

October 08, 2010 12:01

678 posts(s)

Personally I like this change. This way small teams have atleast a fighting chance to become a larger team. As of late I’m not part of the dominating giants in this world anymore :), so….personally i think this is a great implementation.

One question though, is this only with players from the free transfer, or also when buying players and you are not the only one negotiating?

October 08, 2010 15:26

296 posts(s)

When buying players too, it just happened to me! Player went to Belenesses

October 16, 2010 19:11

387 posts(s)

ok, now players decide for minor clubs even if they earn just 33% of the wage a major offers. hard to believe that this reflects real life, but ok.
in addition to this i now witnessed two instances where players prefered an offer of a cpu team over a better offer by a real manager. This is something i do not agree with. teams with a real manager should always be more attractive to player than a cpu team!

October 16, 2010 23:04

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

You stand cpu teams to be even worse? :-)
Well, the rules are the same for managed and cpu teams, currently players don’t look at that when choosing where to go. One thing we can certainly review is the minor clubs decision, maybe 33% of the wage is too much.

October 23, 2010 13:10

387 posts(s)

Still do not favor the new logic. Since you changed the system, I haven’t been able to acquire a single young player (from free transfer) if a minor club was bidding aswell. This is IMO as unbalanced as deciding on a wage offered basis. 16-18 yro should not decide depending only on their chances on first team, they are young and need qualified training etc.
In real life the majority of extraordinary teen talents favor to go a big club to improve rather then moving to Aserbaidchan or a Turkish 2nd div for playing in a first team instantly.
This decision making now in RS is unbalanced as well, in favor of minor clubs, and only minor clubs/squads.
How do other “big clubs” feel about the situaton since the changes were implemented? Has anyone acquired a player against a minor yet?

October 23, 2010 16:17

299 posts(s)

I had the same problem as you Philip when the rule was first implemented. I basically lost in any biding out there for a youth even though my offers were considerably higher. So i decided to raise the stakes even higher (raise the salary offer) and it has been quite satisfactory in achieving the players i wanted.
It does create a bit of a financial burden, but in the long run it does justify itself to pay high wages (relatively high) for young talents.
The way i see it, as long as it’s financially viable, a big club should pay more both to get the best grown player and to secure its financial future by securing the best future talents.
Still only recently i lost a bid to a young D even though my bid was 13k/year higher, but in a way i expected it to happen and completely share the rule here, because I already had 9 Defenders in my team, all better.

October 23, 2010 18:46

387 posts(s)

good to hear, Dhimitri, but how “more” worked for you? I offered most times like 10-15k and they decide for a 5k salary. The extreme was my 80k offer for the defender mentioned above, who prefered a 27k contract …

October 23, 2010 20:31

299 posts(s)

27k over 80k is indeed extreme.

Sometimes though you could overcome an one year 80k bid with a 3 year 30k bid :)

Here are some of my winning bids in the last 3 season

1 × 60k
2 × 50k
6 × 30k (some of which on multiple years contract, 2 or 3)

PS: one other trick the i believe works (Gabriel can confirm this if true), I do have plenty of MA’s and one MD. So if i want to buy a mid, i switch all the above to A’s or D’s o have as less mids in line up as possible. And I have actually been buying lots of young mids in the last 3 seasons: 8 of them to be exact

October 24, 2010 22:59

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

What a shame! Trying to fool the system! I won’t tell you whether or not it works :-D

Anyway, I feel this is not completely balanced but it is good the hear Dhimitri had some success by paying outrageous wages to young talents (that’s one of our goals). Other factors are yet to be considered in the player’s decision, the first team opportunity was just the first one included.

October 26, 2010 09:55

1 posts(s)

im amazed still the same names about!

October 26, 2010 11:02

678 posts(s)

Hello Luc Blomme :)….

Loyal people indeed. Althought there are different “big clubs” now then when you left. Tigre for example is THE GIANT of the moment and Gijon and Liverpool in europe could be considered “The big clubs” there. Although Hertha never really left :)…our boy Philip is still around with the big boy’s :)

Forums General