Forums General

Why I quit this game

Subscribe to Why I quit this game 27 post(s), 11 voice(s)

August 29, 2010 20:35

37 posts(s)

-To the creators of Ruby Soccer, thanks! you guys created a good game.
-To my friends, thanks, I had a good time playing with you again.
-To the cheaters who got away and are destroying the game for honest managers (the cheaters are: Vinicius Ferreira, Felipe Maróstica, Félix Cardoso, Caio Oliveira, Flavio Machado, and more). These guys got away with everything. I suppose paying outragious sums for a 36 year old GK with 89 keeping skill is of course not cheating. Paying 40 mil for a 37 year old isnt either. Transfering outragious ammounts between themselves ONLY doesnt make it obvious that they are cheating.

I am leaving this game, because I see no point in trying to play an honest game and compete with my friends when I am surrounded by cheaters who get away with everything. I too have friends in the game, but I don’t cheat. We dont transfer stupid players between each other. We play HONEST.

RubySoccer is a really cool game, it’s largely based on SoccerSim. However; RubySoccer has one major flaw, the fact that unlike SoccerSim, it does not take cheaters serious. Ultimately, this game wont go anywhere unless it’s cleaned up. I refused to donate to this game for that reason. I donated $10 a month for ManagerSim. I’m off to other ventures and good luck to RubySoccer, hopefully you’ll get more aggressive and get rid of the cheats because it can bring you down, but than again, maybe you dont care. Either way, good luck!

August 30, 2010 08:19

828 posts(s)

there should be just a limit how much over est value you can sell a player

thats all that needs to happen

August 30, 2010 11:58

7 posts(s)

Oh come on! If everybody goes way, they win and Rubysoccer loses. I don’t know if they are cheaters or not, but does anyone of those managers won some competition? If no, they are very bad cheaters. eheheheh, cheating and nevertheless, they can’t win….so must losers.

Come on Ilian,think it better, rubysoccer need’s player like you or me…just fair play

September 05, 2010 00:42

828 posts(s)

yeah the managers like us need to form together and stick with it… screw felipe and the like
gabreil will figure him out… if not now… he will… pure confidence in the admins of this game.

September 14, 2010 00:52

120 posts(s)

Donator

Ilian is clearly correct about “Felix Cardoso” in FT he is clearly cheating with “Joaquim F.”

I have not looked at any of the others that Ilian mentioned… I just stumbled across “Joaquim F.”

Both of them should be banned in my opinion. And I would think you would want to look closely at the others Ilian mentioned. I have not looked at them.

September 14, 2010 16:53

340 posts(s)

Guys I understand your worry about this, and I’d like to throw in another view on the subject. In real life there is crime and there is punishment. Having punishment like death penalty is proven not to prevent crimes. So banning and kicking cheaters won’t do much more than take up some valuable time (and energy) of people who do wish the best for this game. I am not saying there should not be any rules. I think it’s wiser to let them understand that this way of playing will bring them no fun and other managers will not interact with them. Also it’s a good way to make the game logic better to make it harder for managers making big transfers all the time. If I chose to quit it will be because I chose not because of someone else.
Just my view on the matter, it’s OK not to agree! :)

September 14, 2010 22:38

120 posts(s)

Donator

Hmmm. OK. attach some marker to the manager name… a big X, or a pirate face, or a guy in a jail outfit…. so you know, and every manager that sees it knows… OK, this guy has cheated before, and needs to be watched.

sound reasonable?

September 15, 2010 00:05

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

We’ll have something to identify the manager reputation but we’ll have to use it carefully. Now that I’ve finally finished the national teams work (apart from bugs you guys find) I may start working in all these cheating prevention improvements. Not fun, but necessary.

August 28, 2011 19:47

24 posts(s)

OK, about cheating in transfers, I think there would be two reasonable measures:

- make a logic to calculate minimum and maximum value asked or offered for a player (specially important the minimum)
- in managersim there was a limit of 3 operations between 2 clubs per season (including loans and players included in some transfer as part of the payment). It is reasonable, in real life it would be hardly to find more than 3 operations between clubs in a season

August 29, 2011 20:27

24 posts(s)

OK, so sorry, I speak too fast, :)

I saw improvements similar to these. I saw maximum value of 3 times player value, but, minimum value?

Well, this is not the topic to the discussion. But I think, returning to the big example, managersim did not create its performing in a little time. It seems Rubysoccer improves itself quite fast, so I think anti-cheats strategies will be implemented shortly as new cheating modes could be discovered. I trust it.

Please, do not let them win. No one would enjoy, nor us nor them.

Greetings

August 29, 2011 22:10

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Thanks ghuardian. We do have both implemented here:
- minimum value is 25% of estimated value (10% if player is more than 30 years old), maximum value is 3 times estimated value
- there is a limit of 1 operation between 2 managers per season

I wish we improved faster than we do, but we’ll not let them win :-)

Cheers.

September 05, 2011 03:59

120 posts(s)

Donator

Felix Cardoso continues to play here.

Philipp Leibeck does not.

Who would YOU rather play your game Gabriel? Who?

Would you rather go up against Philipp, and beat him… and KNOW you beat a worthy adversary???

Or would you rather lose to a CHEAT like Felix Cardoso (and his type)????

Say what you want about not letting cheaters win. They are winning. Every time you find a cheater, and let him/her continue to play with others that do not cheat… you cheapen your game.

And you lose quality people like Philipp.

Enjoy your time with Felix.

September 05, 2011 04:07

120 posts(s)

Donator

Hey… Felix… I resigned from Roma in fast ticker. And I resigned from Fortaleza in medium ticker.

Quick, make up a fake profile, and get whatever decent players I have on Roma!!!!!! Just teenagers in Fortaleza in medium… so… no need to make a fake manager for them!

Enjoy people!

I’m glad someone tried to replicate managersim. Cheats just ruin everything. I have enough dumb shit to deal with in my real life. I don’t need to deal with dumbass Brazilians with no life, cheating at a free game.

Adios MFers!!! LOL

September 05, 2011 09:40

803 posts(s)

You are right Dave, Felix and some other known guys have been cheating for a long time in the game. We figure that some time ago, the thing is we had to make a decision, ban their accounts and hope they quit cheating or quit the game, we risk they don’t quit and come back with new accounts starting all again, this time more careful and hard for us to detect. Or as we did, implement the reputation system so everyone could know they are cheaters, I agree we should have more penalties for low reputation managers (not manager big teams, national teams…).

I think the decision was right, at least this way we can keep an eye on them, multiple accounts have been abandoned, suspicious transfers stoped, and guess what, they started to perform bad lol

As you said I also can’t understand why this guys cheat at a free and under development game, is as they want the game to fail or something… Yet as it seems cheaters wont get out we must find the better and the smarter ways to deal with them, suggestions are welcome as Gabriel always says :D

September 05, 2011 10:13

340 posts(s)

Well, I think the best “punishment” would be not selling players to them, no matter how much they pay?

Seriously though, one not so entirely problem-solving thing could be removing the “value” column for players. That would be an interesting experiment. At the end of the day, does it really matter if someone runs 10 accounts to cheat? I am truly amazed they have the time for doing so and perhaps they deserve getting the benefits after spending so much time working the system so they can get lots of virtual millions..

BK

September 05, 2011 10:38

58 posts(s)

Like I already say in other topic…. forget the cheaters… and the rules to anti-cheating… if someone have cheat that person shoul be ban… end of storie… if can back with other acount ban again, and lets make this a better game with better solutions…. Its Urgent review the system of youth players (in a few seasons we will had only south american and French players)…. the value of the players (some players with the same average have stupid diferent values)… and so long….

If we have a better game more players will play this game…. and the cheaters will desapear…

Best Regards

September 05, 2011 11:42

301 posts(s)

Sorry Dcaniva, but i don’t think cheaters will dissapear… better game or not, these guys aren’t here to play the game fair, they are here to try and exploit deficiencies in the system… but i agree with everyone else, cheating has to be curtailed somehow…

as i said, having a page where you can see all the transfers being made, i’m pretty sure everyone would be on that list every day and would report and suspicious activities…

September 05, 2011 12:10

340 posts(s)

Well, guys, such things happen in real life as well, clubs doing illegal stuff, rigging games, etc.. this adds realism to the game way more than we give credit to it..

/BK

September 05, 2011 12:16

301 posts(s)

thats true :)

However, i think a zero tolerance should be taken with cheaters. It seems to be this is all we’ve been talking about for the last little while.
If a cheater cheats from a network where several other users are coming from, I think the best way to handle it would be to ban the entire segment.

Yes some managers will be angry they got banned for something they did not do, but i think most would agree that this would be a good way of reducing (greatly) the amount of cheating. Zero tolerance policy (maybe on a case by case basis?)

For example, Manager A cheats from network 10.10.10.1
Three other managers are from that same network.
If Manager A cheats, Manager B, C and D are also banned.
In this manner, you would be taking care of the first manager and possibly his other accounts as well.
A cheater probably only has so many networks they can join from before either giving up playing or actually starting to play nice again…

Is that too harsh? If i refered someone who’s into the game, but has started cheating, it would bother me if my account was banned due to this player cheating. I would take it up with him myself and ask him whats going on and such and such…
Maybe its too drastic, but we are seeing good clean players leaving the game due to cheats, how is this any different? At least in this manner, we are actually getting rid of cheats (as well as some collateral damage)

Maybe users would think twice before referring a friend who cheats…

September 05, 2011 12:46

803 posts(s)

I think there are some options we can take before having to resort to that Charles, but I agree in some cases that would be the right solution… The manager reputation is a good thing, personally if I see a manager without 100% reputation I dont deal or even speak to him, any title he achieves means nothing to me. This is not the case for everyone and I know most of this cheaters don’t even care to have a bad reputation so more aggressive measures must be taken, if a manager caught cheating he would be fired, lose reputation and with it:

- could not sign for a team with a determined average skill level (would depend on manager’s reputation), this would prevent cheaters from getting on great teams (V. Guimarães case)

- could not make any transfer for a determine period of time (depending on manager’s reputation)

- Could not manage a national team for a determined period of time (depending …)

- lost of all titles won in a previous determined time period (depending…)

This and more could be done so this cheaters can be punished and eventually, after a long period without any suspicion they could have their reputation restored, I call it an educational punishment :D If we ban them they probably return with new accounts and unlike Dcaniva said it will be much more dificult to find them and ban them again, this way we know exactly where they are and what they are doing.

Charles transfer list is a great idea too, that would be much helpfull to find new cheaters, but as my suggestions all this is depended on how easily can be implemented in the game by Gabriel and Danilo, they more than anyone are tired of this cheaters crap…

September 05, 2011 14:00

58 posts(s)

Filipe I agree with you but if you do that the player identified as a cheater will erase that acount and start another one…. And you say that its dificult to find… it´s more or less the same thing…

Just one point: If the principal areas are dependent of manager ranking… like the grow of youth player and the appearance of new youth players… instead of countrie ranking (I saw that the managers that are identified are playing in the strongest leagues…) when a player is baned and start a game from zero he will have more dificults to cheat…. I know the new players…. like in the real life a new player have to work more and wait from the failure of the top coaches to get that position…. this can discourage players to cheat… I think… and gets the game more interesting mainly from the players from weakers leagues …

Summary…. For me cheatears is to ban…. and with some rules we can wait that it´s not interesting to came back….

Best Regards

September 05, 2011 14:16

803 posts(s)

Maybe some don’t leave, guys like Felix, Rene, Morastica or Tadeu have a long history and titles won, I dont think they would like to start over instead of getting a chance to play fair and keep their accounts.

I agree with you that having to start over and having a low ranking and slower player improvement could be helpful to discourage cheaters but it would have repercussions on all the game that could be harmful, new real managers (not cheaters new accounts) would also have more difficult to improve players and we can’t make the game even more demotivating for them…

September 05, 2011 19:23

340 posts(s)

the actions to punish cheaters can result in punishing honest managers, as seen in the only one player/season/manager thing. I know I do not cheat but still the limit imposed to prevent cheaters affect me so I too am being punished. That’s exactly the things we need to be careful about.

I suggest (maybe should go to the suggestion place but..) clubs having set transfer budget.
That budget is directly depending on the manager and it’s level and loyalty (ie number of years in the club).
That way it won’t be any use to sign up to a club and start trading. Maybe even new managers being able to only get lower div teams, so they can get some experience and reputation in the game, so to speak..

I have better solutions than that as well, but I’ll implement them somewhere else soon. Too early to talk about just yet.

Back to the topic of people getting frustrated with cheaters. Something must be done, most people agree to that but we can not agree on what. I’d like to see some more determination from game masters as you could see to some other topic which was closed, without even being discussed. That set the course to this ship in my opinion.

BK

September 09, 2011 13:31

58 posts(s)

Any news….

Best Regards

September 11, 2011 09:33

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Just came back from my vacations and found this disappointing topic – among others. Well, I now have a few things on my plate.. The ones I can mention are

• buy a new laptop
  • change the way youths develop
  • add more anti-cheat stuff (or mechanisms) and GM tools

I am also tired of this crap, let’s see if we can finally address most of this in the next weeks.

September 11, 2011 20:50

301 posts(s)

welcome back Danilo!

I wouldn’t call this a dissapointing topic. Sure the name of the topic is dissapointing, but all in all, i would say the community got very invovled and we had a lot of discussion. That, to me, is always a good sign :)

September 12, 2011 06:01

828 posts(s)

Here he comes to save the Day!!!! :) yay

Forums General